“Clean and close to Tinker - limited dining choices”

Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Midwest City
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We we on business to Tinker like many others and this hotel is close - one exit away. The place is clean and inviting and has the "new look" of Hampton Inn. The room was clean and quiet even on the first floor and despite the popular wall unit air conditioner type, was OK for sleeping.

The italian restaurant next door was good so try walking to dinner. The breakfast at Hampton is always reliable and since they serve several flavors of hot tea I was happy. We got a good rate so I have to say this place is very good. If it was near shopping and other food places I would rate it higher.

Room Tip: Toward the back there are rooms facing a field so no cars making noise.
1  Thank Peter M
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and your dinner at Primo's. Please come see us on your next trip to Oklahoma! Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Everything was so nice and clean. I was very impressed and happy since I picked the hotel for us and friends. It was easy on and have the highway. Breakfast was OK not like Embassy Suites but they did have hot items available and a nice variety.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dena P

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed your time here. I agree, Embassy offers a great breakfast. They are part of our Hilton family of hotels, so make sure to sign up for HHonors if you have not already. Thank you again, and we would love to have you back on your next trip to MWC. Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stay here one night with my family on a road trip to the Grand Canyon. The hotel is very convenient to I-40 - as in right beside the interstate, but i did not notice any room noise. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only issue i would note is that the toliet seat was loose and the bathroom showed a little age. The breakfast was decent, but not great. Some sausage would be good to go with the biscuit and gravy. Overall, it was good and acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank catlettfarm

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel online. We love to receive feedback from our valuable guests. I will certainly look into the toilet seat issue, and make sure that does not happen again. Please come see us anytime, we would just love to have you back! Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just completed a 4 night stay at this Hotel. It looked to have undergone a re-model/makeover especially in the breakfast area since I was last there. This hotel has always met my needs, with no problems and it's my first place of choice when I go to do business at Tinker AFB. With a nice pool and fitness center and a decent Italian restaurant (Primos) next door it's got all anyone could want, whether it's business people or families on vacation.

1  Thank ChrisP1354

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We strive to make everyone happy, and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please do come see us again, we would love to have you back. Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Place is clean and looks new! Personnel are all GREAT!! Bed comfy! TV about a 42"...nice office center to print boarding passes. Nice in room office table with plenty of outlets and cat 5 cable for direct computer connection (so you aren't having to deal with low signal like some hotels with WiFi.) If I was forced to say anything negative I would have to say the breakfast isn't that great. The potatoes and eggs/ham wasn't that great. BUT....if you want a great breakfast...what are you doing looking in the lobby of a hotel!!??? Go to your fav spot like Denny's, Cracker Barrel....etc! I do not check into a place with the idea that I will get a GREAT free breaksfast. With that said, it has happened...but this wasn't one of those times. I left VERY satisfied with the value and overall everything from my stay.

Room Tip: Simply check in...you'll get a great room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I very much appreciate it, and the staff will also. We are very proud of our hotel, and so happy that you enjoyed it. Hampton is looking in to a breakfast revamp. You are most certainly not alone, but your feedback is valued in helping the brand make better decision on breakfast when it comes to pleasing our guests. I can assure you there will be great things in the future! Thank you again for all your kind words, and please do come see again, as we would love to have you back, Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at. The prices are reasonable, the staff is professional and courteous and the rooms are nice. I stay here regularly and always have a pleasant experience. As a result, I recommend it to my business associates and friends.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, and for the business you are sending to us. I will share your comments with the staff, and it will make their day as well. It is very much appreciated, and I look forward to having you back again! Take care, Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a very property with a great location. Easy access to the Interstate and shopping. The rooms are clean with excellent daily service. The Internet access was of better quality than I have experienced in other Hilton properties. The was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was available at 6:00 AM which was supportive of my schedule. I stayed over 14 days so I became quite familiar with the property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ET385
Hampton1833, Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

ETETET1234,

I am glad we could do such a good job during your stay with us. If you are ever in need of a room in our area please remember that we are here and give us a chance to wow you again.