“Faulty fire alarm ruined our stay.”

Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Midwest City
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The service at this Hampton was wonderful. Speedy check in and great recommendations for places to eat especially when we arrived past dinner time.

The downside at 2:20 AM the fire alarm in our room began to malfunction and went off. Needless to say we were startled awake and falling back asleep was not easy at all.

• Stayed: June 2013
Hampton1833, Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

LandEfromMN,

I am sorry you had to endure such an inconvenience. I am glad that the staff took good care of your stay outside of the alarms. If you are ever coming through our area i would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My teenage son who helped me drive on this business trip went swimming while I went to a business meeting. He balled his swimming suit up with some towels and the cleaning people inadvertently took the suit. When I called later asking about the suit, after they checked they called me back and said yes they did in fact take it and it was currently in the wash with the towels. We had a good laugh and they brought it to our room after it was washed and dried. I think so many people are afraid of admitting a mistake they don't admit them. I really appreciate their honesty and their cleaning the suit. Ha!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! You made my day. I remember speaking to your son, and he thought it was funny also. I'm so sorry about that, I think they grabbed it with the towels that day. I hope he enjoyed his nice clean suit, and our staff certainly loved the ice cream, so thank you! I hope you will come see us again, we would love to have you back! Thanks again for the compliments! Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great place, great people.....but would never go back during tornado season! The hotels need to install safe places for guests to go, Tornado's to unexpectings guests can be quite Over whelming. but over Great place to stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your feedback. Many people feel that way, but OKC can be a great place when the weather plays nice! Thank you so much for coming, and I'm so glad you made it through the storms safely. We would love to have you back. Thanks again! Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Easy check-in/check-out process. Cleaning were very friendly and smiled as we met in the hallways. Breakfast attendent was very pleasant and as if there were any special items we desired. Quickly cleaned the eating area after guest left the tables. Desk clerks were very pleasant and helpful about the area eating opportunities and other points of interest. Reserved our room over the phone several days before arriving. The person on the phone was very pleasant and able to make the reservation without any problems. Very good staff at this Hampton Inn. To date I have not found a Hampton Inn that I was not completely satisfied since starting to use Hampton Inn in Dec, 2012.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for the compliments! I am so glad that you enjoyed everything here! Please come visit us again. Thank you again, it means so much to hear from our guests! Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2013

During my three day stay at the Hampton Inn, I had the opportunity to get a good view of its services. For the most part, I found that the positive reviews found on this site to be accurate. It is, indeed, a good facility to spend a few days. It is well-lighted, clean, and inviting with excellent personnel. However, for my budget it is a little pricey.

In my opinion, their breakfast is one area that could be improved. I did not enjoy the over-cooked omelets. Each day they supplemented the omelets with a different entree. One day there was bacon. Another day they served potatoes. Most hotels of this caliber serve biscuits and gravy. There was no microwave in the serving area to warm the available pastries. One should get to the breakfast area soon after it opens or your choices may be limited.

In defense of the hotel, their breakfast problems may have been exacerbated by the number of displaced residents and volunteers of the Moore, OK, tornado.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so very much for your feedback. It truly helps us to improve. I'm so sorry about the overly crowded breakfast area. You are exactly right, the demand on our hotel due to the storms has certainly kept us running to keep up. I'm so glad you enjoyed the rest of the stay, and we would love to have you again if you are back in the area. Thank you! Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton was very enjoyable. Our room was clean, also smelled clean. And yes the linen were also clean, the bed was comfortable. A/C worked well. We were very comfortable with the accommendations. Staff was friendly and courteous, and yet professional. We have no complaints about our stay and we will return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We would absolutely love to have you back! Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2013

From the time we made the reservation, throughout our entire stay, this was a perfect hotel for our needs. The staff was very kind and helpful. We traveled with our 1 year old and the accommodations were perfect with the suite and door that closed in between rooms. We could put her down early and hang out to read or watch TV in our room. It was very clean and convenient to the airport and other parts of Oklahoma City. If I'm ever back in the area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much! Your comments made my day! I will certainly pass your nice words along to my staff. Please do come see us again, we would love to have you back! Lindsey Smith, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
#6 of 11 in Midwest City
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)? Share your experiences!