“Nice and clean”
Review of The Plantation Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medicine Park
The Plantation Inn
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Clean, comfortable bed and plenty of pillows. It was a Friday night and didn't seem too busy and everything was within close walking distant. River walk and restaurant just across the street. We will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Debi W
There are newer reviews for The Plantation Inn

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have been to Medicine Park a couple of times and I enjoy the town. Typically, we have just driven there for a day trip. During our last stay, we decided to stay two nights. I reserved my room online and had no problems. We checked in at the restaurant down the street and had no problems. The hotel was decent and the furnishings were just fine. My only complaints....1 small bar of soap left in the room for the sink and shower...that's it. Dead bug (appeared to be a roach) on the floor in the bathroom. Both of those were fairly minor since the room appeared (and smelled) clean. The biggest issue was the noise. I don't mean noise from loud parties or anything like that. I mean the walls are paper thin. Example: I was in the restroom and I heard my husband "answer" me. I said "I didn't say anything". You could hear the conversation so plainly in the next room, that my husband answered, thinking it was me. Anytime someone was talking, taking a shower, laughing, etc...you could hear everything said and they appeared to be speaking in a normal conversational tone.

We've eaten at the restaurant several times and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, on this particular trip the food was just terrible. We were told they were training a new cook, so maybe that was the problem. It is also too bad that they do not serve breakfast. As luck would have it, we found Ann's located in the town of Meers (about 15 minutes away)....breakfast was GREAT! So we ate there two days in a row.

Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheRain65
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went to Medicine Park for a wedding and I had reserved our room well in advance. Check in is at a restaurant a couple of blocks away which is inconvenient if you had a problem which we did. The door lock wasn't working properly so had to walk back down there for another key which they didn't have. Finally, this was resolved.......still didn't work right but we figured out the "trick" to get it open. The room was new, clean, very nice and comfortable. This was a Saturday night and there was a lot of people listening to a live band close to the hotel but we could not hear it and had a good night's sleep. Great little town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mamasans
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We visited Medicine Park this summer for a weekend of swimming in the river. We had two families and so had two rooms reserved. The only problem we had was that we would have liked space to be together and play board games (young children with us) that would accommodate all of us. However, there is not a space like that in this facility. We did hang out some on the nice front porch. Clean rooms, but check-in is a little inconvenient as it is a couple of blocks away in a different building.

Room Tip: Climbing stairs required of even first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucrown
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Although the staff was a little clueless and could not tell us how to delete the 7 messages on the phone, it is a nice place for an over nighter. The rooms are clean and pleasant. Check in is in the restaurant a block to the north.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have a screened community balcony and all rooms face the street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night (9/21/13) at the Red Door Cabin, and it was wonderful! Check in was a little awkward and confusing (our first visit and we didn't realize you check in at the restaurant) but that's my biggest 'complaint'. The cabin was nice and clean inside, the bed was pretty comfy and the over all atmospher of the cabin and the outdoor area was exactly what we were looking for & needed. It was so nice to sit on the little metal rocking chairs out front and drink a few beers and people watch. You could hear all the live music from the tavern, but it was nice and quite inside with the AC on. I was surprised that the town shut down about 10pm, it was very peaceful all night.
These are the things I'll be sure to bring with me next time (we are definitely staying here again): house shoes (tile floors are chilly at night & am) and a small BBQ, that's it! They really have done a great job with stocking this cute little cabin.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vacationgirl405
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Front desk management and organization is terrible...rude and unorganized! I will not go into the specific details, but please do not allow yourself to a stressful start to what should be a nice relaxing weekend in a peaceful little town. The rooms were acceptable and housekeeping ok. However, there are other much better options (like the Stardust B&B) that will provide a friendly atmosphere and good accommodations. I would only book at the Plantation if absolutely the last resort.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medicine Park
Candlewood Suites Lawton Fort Sill
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lawton / Fort Sill
Hilton Garden Inn Lawton-Fort Sill
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton
Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton
Best Western Plus Lawton Hotel & Convention Center

Been to The Plantation Inn? Share your experiences!