“Great location and nice accommodations”
Review of The Plantation Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medicine Park
The Plantation Inn
Chillicothe, Texas
“Great location and nice accommodations”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We visited Medicine Park this summer for a weekend of swimming in the river. We had two families and so had two rooms reserved. The only problem we had was that we would have liked space to be together and play board games (young children with us) that would accommodate all of us. However, there is not a space like that in this facility. We did hang out some on the nice front porch. Clean rooms, but check-in is a little inconvenient as it is a couple of blocks away in a different building.

Room Tip: Climbing stairs required of even first floor rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucrown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Although the staff was a little clueless and could not tell us how to delete the 7 messages on the phone, it is a nice place for an over nighter. The rooms are clean and pleasant. Check in is in the restaurant a block to the north.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have a screened community balcony and all rooms face the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night (9/21/13) at the Red Door Cabin, and it was wonderful! Check in was a little awkward and confusing (our first visit and we didn't realize you check in at the restaurant) but that's my biggest 'complaint'. The cabin was nice and clean inside, the bed was pretty comfy and the over all atmospher of the cabin and the outdoor area was exactly what we were looking for & needed. It was so nice to sit on the little metal rocking chairs out front and drink a few beers and people watch. You could hear all the live music from the tavern, but it was nice and quite inside with the AC on. I was surprised that the town shut down about 10pm, it was very peaceful all night.
These are the things I'll be sure to bring with me next time (we are definitely staying here again): house shoes (tile floors are chilly at night & am) and a small BBQ, that's it! They really have done a great job with stocking this cute little cabin.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vacationgirl405
Dallas
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Front desk management and organization is terrible...rude and unorganized! I will not go into the specific details, but please do not allow yourself to a stressful start to what should be a nice relaxing weekend in a peaceful little town. The rooms were acceptable and housekeeping ok. However, there are other much better options (like the Stardust B&B) that will provide a friendly atmosphere and good accommodations. I would only book at the Plantation if absolutely the last resort.

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Medicine Park hotels

Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had visited Medicine Park several years ago and was happy to return to this beautiful small town and found that it had much improved. The Inn is located just as you come into town and is located just across the street from shopping, a cozy little café and the Park Tavern which all had a quaint feel for mine and my husband's anniversary. Unfortunately my experience with Jenna regarding our reservation left much to be desired. Firstly, I made my initial reservation online for 1 night. We decided to stay a second night, so I called in advance to find out if it would be possible for us to stay an additional night and was told that it would be no problem. The afternoon we checked in, I noticed that the desk clerk had only charged my card for one night, so I brought it to her attention that we should have reservations for 2 nights. The desk clerk had a perplexed look and asked if I had spoken with a lady to change my reservation and I said yes. She picked up the phone to call Jenna who explained that she had made a mistake and that we could have the room for 2 nights. On our way out from checking in we ran into Jenna who apologized for the mistake and said not to worry and that she would "take care of it". The next day my husband and I left our room with the do not disturb sign on the door because we had left some of our valuables in the room. When we returned to the Inn and I checked my telephone, I found that I had a missed call from Jenna. She left an abrupt message saying that housekeeping reported to her that we had not vacated our room and that if we didn't leave soon that she would be forced to charge us for another night. She should have already taken care of this issue! The fact that this same person who I had not only spoken with on the telephone, but also spoke with in person regarding our reservation was now being nasty about us still occupying the room was just too much. My husband was ready to leave and stay in Lawton if we had to. I then contacted Jenna once again to express my husbands frustration and she offered to discount our room for the second night. I waited several days and then called again and was told that the credit to my card should be coming along, but it has now been 7 days since we left Medicine Park and I still have not seen my discount. I would definitely recommend staying in one of the cabins in this area that is not connected with the management of this facility.

Room Tip: Stay at a cabin that is not associated with the Plantation Inn.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Evelyon B
Okjenna, Manager at The Plantation Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Evelyn,
Again, I would like to apologize for my mistake. You are absolutely right that this should have been taken care of before your arrival and I take complete responsibility for that not being done, just as had previously. I tried to make the situation right by issuing you a credit and apologizing profusely. Unfortunately, your credit was added at a separate time than your charge. After speaking with you on the phone to find out you had not received your credit, I promptly investigated to find the that the credit card machine had not been batched out since your credit was issued, which I also explained may have been the reason for the delay, I batched it out immediately. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with me, but hope that you found our motel and rooms to your liking.

God Bless,
Jenna
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2013

You can make a reservation online, but that's where it ends! Tried calling several times, answering machine says to leave name number and they will call you back??? What kind of inn is this? Then when I did call, someone answered from their cell and could not tell me if rooms were available! I had another question on another call and again, leave message. They do not have a front desk like a normal inn to get information, and their restaurant is never open!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mr./Ms. Church666,

You are right, we do not have a front desk like other hotels/motels. I am the sole manager as well the only telephone operator. I am on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week to the needs of any and all of our patrons. I try to answer the phone every time it rings between the hours of 9 am and 9 pm. If I am unable to do so there is a voicemail that will direct patrons to our website where most all of your questions can be answered and reservations can be made. If for some reason the website cannot take care your needs then I will be happy to respond to messages or questions left via voicemail as quickly as I can. I am sorry for your inconvenience, but maybe with this bit on insight into our operations you will give use another try.

God Bless,
Jenna
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A bit out of the way but a wonderful place to roam around after a day of driving. rooms were clean and good sized. after a bit of a mix up with the key we were given a new room...better be able to carry your bag up some stairs...comfortable beds...recommend this quiet getaway

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Lawton Hotel & Convention Center
Apache Casino Hotel
Apache Casino Hotel
#6 of 19 in Lawton

Been to The Plantation Inn? Share your experiences!