“Not shabby, but not fantastic” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Plantation

Old Plantation
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grafenwohr, Germany
“Not shabby, but not fantastic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The restaurant does have an interesting decor in that it has historical items around which is great to look at. Our server seemed flustered during the meal even though it wasn't very busy, though she was very nice. The first glass of wine I had was definitely not a full serving that you normally get in restaurants, though the second was about what you would expect to get. The filet and salmon that my husband and I was quite good, the sides weren't great in that the "seasonal vegetables" were from the local freezer section (broc/carrots/cauliflower) with no real taste to them at all. We were supposed to get salads with our meal, but never received them (didn't really need the extra food, nevertheless it was paid for...). Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, just not a great one either.

• Visited April 2013

Wewoka
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Medicine Park for 5 days and gave The Old Plantation a shot. I got the salmon on a ceder plank which was very good. The problem was the baked potato was cold and the roll was hard. I ordered a glass of wine which at best was 2 1/2 oz. vs a normal pour of 5 oz. My wife got the fried catfish which was good but ditto on the potato and roll.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mass.
“Interesting place, good comfort food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Historic restaurant in Medicine Park. Loved the "comfort food" items on the menu, country fried steak, pork chops mashed potatoes and gravy.

Nice selection of beers.

Only complaint was that food was a little cold, although we showed up just before closing.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cushing, Oklahoma
“Great dinner, average breakfast, a bad waitress experience on one visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed in Medicine Park in October and had a lovely time in the quaint little town. We ate dinner here one night and the next morning had breakfast there. Dinner was AMAZING! Great service, worth every penny. The food was delicious! We had the salmon on a plank. Oh. My. Goodness. Best salmon either of us has ever eaten. If I were just rating on dinner it would be 5 stars for sure! HOWEVER, then we had our breakfast. The food was good-definitely average, but obviously dinner was their specialty! We had omelettes and they were rather basic. That was not the extent of our disappointment, though. Our server was oblivious to our needs-probably because she was on her cell phone almost the entire time we were there. We did not get a refill and she never once asked about our meal. Not to mention, we waited forever for her to bring drinks and a menu. Finally, when we were ready to leave we had to go to the register and ask the girl at the register to let our waitress know we needed a check. She goes to tell her and still it took the girl the better part of 5 minutes to bring the check-with us standing at the register!!! Even the girl behind the register appeared to be rather in awe by this-all while remaining professional. So, the waitress brings us the check while STILL talking on her cell phone, says some nicety to us, and then as we pay she continues talking on her cell phone about how "it's just not right for people to think that we can't be just friends and not be involved." At this point, I became livid, having held out hope that she was maybe doing business on the phone. Obviously, we left no tip, but I have to say that if this is the service others get, they won't return. The only reason we will consider returning is because we had already had a positive dinner experience. But one time diners will make their first impression off this behavior. My husband and I considered contacting the manager upon our return home, but decided we didn't want to waste any negative energy on what was overall a positive weekend in the Medicine Park area. So, if I gave a rating for breakfast only, it would be a 1, which is how I came to the average of a 3 on the rating. 5 for dinner, 1 for breakfast (primarily service) averaged out equals 3.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank susan l l
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
“Good, but could be great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at the Old Plantation twice. Both times we enjoyed the food and the experience, but there are a few things that need work to make the experience even better.

The first time we went I had steak (which was great) except for the fact it was extremely salty. I don't know if someone salted it twice and didn't realize it, but that detracted from what could have been one of the best steaks I've had. The other thing I didn't like was the fact that the Mojito I ordered was so full of rum that I could barely drink it. Some people may like that, but I'd like to actually be able to drink what I ordered.

The second time we went the service was a bit lacking, but my chicken fried steak was delicious.

The ambiance of this place is great. Very picturesque on the outside and you can't beat the views of Medicine Park.

I'd definitely go back to the Old Plantation, I just would like to be assured that if I order a steak it won't be overly salty.

• Visited August 2012