“Needs sprucing up” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
Russellville, Arkansas
“Needs sprucing up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here on way from TX to MO. Had small dog so was limited to hotel choices. We made reservations and when we arrived we were given our key. Room smelled musty. Husband tried to turn on A/C only to find it didn't work and the floor underneath the A/C unit was soaked. So back to the front desk, where the staff, who was wonderful, said he only had 3 more rooms left and all were more expensive than ours. However once he looked in ours, we got one those more expensive rooms for same price. However the new room had big chunks out of one of the counters, I had to pick up 8 dead crickets off a very old carpet that was need of replacement. The staff was great. The breakfast good, but this Comfort Inn needs and updo soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The rooms were very beautiful and up to date, all suites so you never get that cramped feeling. Breakfast was good, staff was friendly, everything went very smoothly (check in, checkout etc). Will recommend!

• Stayed August 2012
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Traveling from Northeast Oklahome to Dallas, Texas, we decided to stop early at McAlester, OK and made reservations the day before. Upon arrival, the front desk said "we have been expecting you. Here is your key card. Everything is done, Just sign here for the pre-agreed upon rates". I did and we were in our room within 3 minutes upon arrival at the hotel. Rooms were very clean. Also, the front desk told us since were in non-smoking, if we smell smoke, just let them know and they will give us another room as some guests do not honor the non-smoking and that they will bill the previous guest. Our King suite was quiet. We actually had to "step-up" to reach the bed. Was very pleased with the room and overall stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Perhaps I was slightly biased by my horrible mood after being on the road for endless hours, but this hotel was certainly NOT what I had expected at all. The ratings were high and the reviews were decent so I certainly wasn't looking to find heinously stained carpet in a room that reeked terribly of stale smoke. When I asked the concierge about the smell he said the hotel was entirely smoke free, but there were cigarette burns and smoke stains in my room. Also, there were roaches. Some dead, and one little guy alive in the bathroom. I'm thinking we were on the once 'smokers only' designated side so it's possibly suffered worse damage than the 'non smoking' side, but I was still very let down by the room. The staff was beyond friendly and very helpful. I was just so put off by the poignant smoke smell and roaches that I doubt I'll return when coming back through.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mel0890

Travelers are raving about these McAlester hotels

Chapala, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

First, this is the fstest Check-in I have ever had, about 30 sscs. Yes, we had booked the room the day before, but still the fastest.
Sherisse at the front desk was helpful with picking out a great chinese restaurant right across the street, great buffet aqnd price.
Our room was a large Suite for the price of $68 plus tax, Senior Rate. The beds are high off the floor and the room was very clean. We had to do laundry while at the hotel and the washers were very large, costing $1.00 and $1.00 for the dryer.

The hotel is easy to find, right on the expressway, No searching around at night.

And, Yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pilgrim45900
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Wow...clean is what I can say about this hotel, from the lobby to our room. Big room with microwave and refrigerator & wifi. Our room was quiet but was on the top floor so I don't know if there would be noise from "footsteps". Got in after 11:00pm and the desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. Great selection of breakfast items. The beds were high to get in to but
oh-so comfortable. This hotel had a great price for the value (just under $80 w/tax). If we have occasion to stop in McAlester again, this would be our go to hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JAFLP
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I expected my room to be decent, clean and somewhat comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased. The room was spotless, beautifully decorated and well stocked. My room had a table and chairs, sofa and coffee table, as well as the usual desk and entertainment armoire. It was nice to have a "real" closet to hang my clothes out of sight. The bed was a little big tall for my short legs, but once I got in it, it was extremely comfortable and had several extra pillows - a big plus for me. It was nice to have the desk for writing and the sofa and coffee table for sorting out paperwork. Plenty of towels which were very high quality. Soaps, shampoos, etc. and a good hair dryer. Also a separate area for the coffee maker and refrigerator and microwave. I didn't have time to try the breakfast but it smelled delicious. Very pleased and will definitely stay here again. I felt like it was quite a bargain for $89 (plus taxes).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo