Happy Days Hotel
Motel 6
$81
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$85
La Quinta
Travelodge by Wyndham McAlester(McAlester)(Great Value!)
$59
Econo Lodge(McAlester)(Great Value!)
$59
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $69/night.

$49
$47
  • Room Service
$68
$63
$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjames deanangel's dinerlove lucyelvis roomfun place to stayrock and rollmarylin monroefit the billfree bowlingthemed placethe room smelled mustyroad tripstaff was very friendlycontinental breakfastroom was cleanan overnight staythe young lady
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked an extended stay with this hotel, as in 8 nights. When I arrived I was placed in a room with a broken AC...had to move to another room. Better, whew! Then each and every day I had to ask them to re-code my key card for access into the pool and motel. This became a hassle, and each time I would say I am here for an extended stay...the lady would smile and say it should work. No it didn't...ever the entire 9 days. Then on the day I was headed to the airport to pick up my friend I was called...did I know that I was scheduled to check out that day? I replied that I was booked for an extended stay through Monday. The woman argued with me until I was about to turn around, miss my friends flight arrival and have to check into another hotel! Then the woman states...oh, your seventh night is until tomorrow night! Then for the eighth night they charged me FULL price instead of a reduced rate. Also, they have a lot of political statements against immigrants plastered on the office door. I guess they forgot their kinfolk were once immigrants too. I will NOT stay at the happy days hotel again!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
happydays1144, Front Office Manager at Happy Days Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future. I apologize for your room keys not working unfortunately that will happen if they come in contact with certain items i.e. cell phones etc. As far as our political views we stand strong on the fact that we love our country we just don't always support the policies of our government. We do appreciate the fact that it was built on a foundation of immigrants having come from those very people ourselves. However, our beliefs today reflect a positon that safety is of the utmost importance in the volatile times in which we live. Having said that, we also appreciate that we live in America where everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here on the 24th of June. Stopping in late at night, you would have thought it was 9:00 A.M. in the morning. What a pleasant greeting by the attending lady. The room was so clean and the Hotel was so pretty and uplifting with all the Happy Days theme along with many of the 50's and older movies themes.
Breakfast was amazing and clean. You were welcome by an attendant that was also helpful with my great-grandchildren.
We all had a great experience and would recommend to others to stop in and have a very restful sleep. Beds were excellent as well. Thank you again for a clean and welcoming place to stay.

Room Tip: As you come from the South on the main highway, stop at the first place on the right. You will not be sorry for stopping. They will take great care of you. As a Senior Citizen, the made sure I had the ground floor and close to an entrance. "Thank You"
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Loved this place, Clean, welcoming and very nicely themed. Would recommend to anyone to stay there. Loved it

Room Tip: Only disadvantage would be there are stairs, so make sure you ask for aroom on the ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This hotel is really more like a motel but it is such a good value for the money. The place is very very clean and the nicest people work there. When you walk in you feel like you are going back in time to the days of rock and roll, Elvis, James Dean etc. Even though the place is just about 5 or 6 years ols. Our two queen bedroom was a little tight on extra space but there was good storage. The beds had pillow tops and felt like sleeping in our own beds. There was a small refrigerator and microwave stacked by a counter. The bathroom counter was short but had some space for toiletries. The shower curtain had pictures of jukeboxes and dancers . Great towels that were thick and the shower was good too. We
received a discount on our dinner at Angel's Diner which sits out front of the hotel and is owned by the same people. It is decorated too and has the grill and counter seating as well as booths and tables. One more thing. The rooms were surprisingly quiet even though construction was going on for a new entertainment center that is supposed to open in a few
months. Especially when looking for an overnight stay, this is a must choose place.

Room Tip: There is not an elevator so that may need consideration when reserving a room. There is a small swimming pool at the end of the main build.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HoosierNancy
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed 1 night, loved it. Similar to a Microtel, but has unique decor. Friendly staff. Good breakfast with waffles. Rooms clean with adequate space. James Dean was the theme in our room. Halls and stairways and lounge are all decorated in 50's memorabilia.Nice pool.
Fridge and microwave in room.Shower curtain had 100;s of pictures of 50's movie stars on it. Arrived too late Sunday (after 3 pm) to eat at the Angel Cafe. Would love to have tried the Whistle-Stop Fried Green Tomatoes. It was our first time in McAlester, but we had fun.Would love to come back with the grand-kids.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family