WINNER WONDERLAND

Motel 6 McAlester
Motel 6 McAlester
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
Boerne, Texas
“Worst Motel 6 I've stayed at...and that's saying something!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was the most deceptive place. It looks great from the outside, but it is very poor on the inside. I should have turned around when I saw the dead skunk at the entrance to the access road to the hotel. It was a sign!

The rooms are poorly maintained, the desk clerk overcharged me, and the toilet rocked so much the top lid almost slid off from the shaking induced when I sat down. Did I mention the shower head was so low it pointed at my chest (I'm 6' 3" tall?) Towels were threadbare and looked a little yellow. A/C would only run for a little while and cycle off. I know they do this to save money, but when you are hot, it is very aggravating to have the A/C stop running by design. You PAID for A/C but you can only get it in cycles? I dislike that.

The room smelled "musty" and the maintenance was poor as reflected by the stained carpet, inoperable electrical outlets, and lack of silicone sealing in the necessary places in the bathroom, allowing water to get places it shouldn't.

My room got internet (wi-fi) intermittently. The place was nearly empty when I checked in but they still put me as far from the desk as possible (end of the hall, near the side exit.) You rarely get good internet reception when you are at the ends of the building and that was the case here.

My biggest gripe was the price. I was charged $57 on a Sunday night and when I went into town to get some dinner, the motel had a big sign by the highway flashing the room rate as $45.99 What is up with that?! I was a single person in a non-smoking, single bed room. There is no cheaper room in a motel than that, so why I wasn't given the advertised rate is beyond me. BUYER BEWARE!

Room Tip: If you want internet access, let them know at check in that you would like a room near the desk. Or...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Midwest City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

This location is unusual for a Motel 6 in that the rooms all open to a hallway rather than directly to the parking lot. There was a mirrored wall behind the beds and a window seat with cushions. The stairwell carpet was muddy, but the room itself was clean enough--about what you'd expect from a Motel 6.

The price seemed a little high however.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Pampa, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

simple words to say - dont stay here. no upkeep. its a dirty place. i would suggest not to stay over here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

me and my femily were our way to joplin , mo we stayed at motel 6 on 7th may 2010 , and we realy enjoyed our stay there , very clean room and thr staff were so nice and helpfull , i would say it's good location to stay b'coz it's away from a road noise . and this is a best motel 6 we ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Milwaukee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

You will enjoy the mirrored wall if you come with a cheap hooker otherwise keep driving. Dirty carpet hair in the bed, stained linen, dirty bathroom and a disgusting shower, This truly rates as the second worse hotel that I have seen,

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2010

They state wireless in every room- not in my room!!! Noticed one visitor had to sit right next to the lobby computer to use his computer on wireless mode.
The back door lock on the East side was broken- anyone could enter the lobby without a key. The windows to the room were unlocked- had to relock.
Promised a newspaper-never got one.
Both the shower and the sink had a very sloppy calking job-could have been cleaned up better than that! Doubt if I will ever b e back with that service.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2008

We went to this hotel in April 2007. We are from Quebec and we were on our way to Texas.

We never book in advance. We just stop and look at the rooms in different motels to see if they're OK and we compare the prices.

Motel 6 was clean and quiet and the staff was very nice and welcoming. And what I liked in particular is that there was computer we could use in the lobby to have access to Internet and write e-mails to relatives.

We visited the other cheap hotels in town and very often, they were dirty. So we chose Motel 6 and we don't regret it. We got a nice night's sleep in a clean room.

• Liked — clean, welcoming, the computer with Internet access in the lobby
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)