“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean from the start and walking through the door. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and it was a painless check-in. I had the King sized bed room and it was much more than I expected it to be! There was a sofa.. mini fridge.. and a large flat screen TV, among everything else! The bed was more than comfortable, along with the pillows and that seems to be a hard find at hotels these days. Most importantly it was VERY CLEAN. After a well rested night, the breakfast was great too.. waffles, bagels, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, it was like a restaurant! I would more than recommend for you all to stay here! You will not regret it!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face the city, it is quite a pretty view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Stephanie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on the way to Arkansas. This hotel is clean and comfortable. Our room was spacious with comfortable beds. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again. I would say the breakfast was fine for a free breakfast

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank rockett123
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three weeks on January on business. This hotel is newer and has good amenities. Its location is wonderful. You are within walking distance of several restaurants, one of which has a small market, which is great because the "suite" shop in the hotel is a joke. It was never stocked and what it did have was lacking in organization. When I arrived and checked into the first of three rooms I would stay in, I was impressed with the size and lay out of the room. However, my room was missing a closet door (WHAT?!) and a handle off of the television armoire. The room was clean but not spotless and was short on outlets. The second room I stayed in still impressed with size and layout but I was again missing a handle off of the armoire (huh?). The third and final room I stayed in for the last leg of my trip was great. Nothing broken or missing. Still big and lovely looking. However, I was quickly surprised to find that above one of my bedside lamps on the wall someone had drawn, in pen, a small anatomically correct picture of male genitalia. I do not offend easily and lost no sleep over the incident but seriously?
The biggest let down of the trip though was the front desk staff. They were mostly young and entirely unhelpful. One front desk staff members would constantly disappear outside to smoke and talk on the cordless phone. You would just have to stand at the front desk until she came back in or, if you were like me, you would have to walk outside and grab her.
In short, this hotel was nice on the surface but at its heart was unimpressive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank MSarae
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear MSarae,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

On our way to MO my father, my 3 kids (2-5yr olds and 1-6yr old), and I stayed here in passing. The hotel was nice and very clean. We had a room with 2 Queen beds, and it also had a sleeper sofa. The room and bathroom was a good size. The bed was very plush and comfortable. It had a microwave also. The breakfast was good, and the area downstairs was clean. I would stay here again. The location was also easy access to town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the HI Express in McAlester during a moving trip from Houston to my home in Missouri. After al long day of driving the moving truck it was good to stop at a good hotel. I was greeted promptly and recognized as a platinum member and my room was upgraded for free. I usually get a king suite but ended up with a queen double. No worries though. All restaurants and Wal Mart were easy to get to. Just wish the hotel had a shuttle! Overall not a bad hotel. Breakfast was the usual HI Express fare and was good and filling. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Joshsamy
oklahoma usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, it also had a sleeper sofa ,microwave and mini fridge ,so rhe room was really large. It was clean but showing a little wear , like scuffs on the baseboards and walls. Breakfast was adequate with cheese omelets ,bacon ,boiled eggs ,yoghurt, toast ,cereals, juice, and make your own pancakes. I would recommend this hotel and not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank missoklahoma
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Clean and well staffed.we enjoyed our stay. After a day of driving, however, actually finding the hotel was a bit frustrating. It sits off the road and the sign is not visible from the north. Watch the GPS!

• Stayed October 2012