I stayed at this hotel for three weeks on January on business. This hotel is newer and has good amenities. Its location is wonderful. You are within walking distance of several restaurants, one of which has a small market, which is great because the "suite" shop in the hotel is a joke. It was never stocked and what it did have was lacking in organization. When I arrived and checked into the first of three rooms I would stay in, I was impressed with the size and lay out of the room. However, my room was missing a closet door (WHAT?!) and a handle off of the television armoire. The room was clean but not spotless and was short on outlets. The second room I stayed in still impressed with size and layout but I was again missing a handle off of the armoire (huh?). The third and final room I stayed in for the last leg of my trip was great. Nothing broken or missing. Still big and lovely looking. However, I was quickly surprised to find that above one of my bedside lamps on the wall someone had drawn, in pen, a small anatomically correct picture of male genitalia. I do not offend easily and lost no sleep over the incident but seriously?
The biggest let down of the trip though was the front desk staff. They were mostly young and entirely unhelpful. One front desk staff members would constantly disappear outside to smoke and talk on the cordless phone. You would just have to stand at the front desk until she came back in or, if you were like me, you would have to walk outside and grab her.
In short, this hotel was nice on the surface but at its heart was unimpressive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Southeastern Oklahoma with the finest in overnight accommodations at the all new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in McAlester, Oklahoma. McAlester is home to the world's only Behind the Walls Prison Rodeo . Located just three miles away in Krebs is Oklahoma s own Little Italy which hosts the annual Italy Festival including the world famous Italian cuisine. McAlester offers something for everyone: antique shops, restaurants and bakeries in the downtown shopping district are there to browse through and enjoy. We are proud to be a host hotel, for Halliburton, McAlester Regional Health Center, Franklin Electric Company, Baker Hughes, US Army Ammunition Plant, BP Company and Schlumberger.While staying at the all new Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in McAlester guests will enjoy beautifully landscaped grounds offering an outdoor pool and Jacuzzi that overlooks our outdoor fireplace. We offer spacious suites with modern style furnishings and quality designer dÃ©cor, multiple two line speaker telephones, free wireless and wired high speed Internet, located at an over sized desk with ergonomic chairs and 27 flat screen remote television. The friendly staff offers a variety of services including conference facilities with catering assistance, 24-hour business center, information, complimentary USA Today newspaper and the Express Start breakfast bar. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express McAlester! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Mcalester
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Mcalester
- Mcalester Holiday Inn