I recently stayed here with my family. I have to say this is a really nice hotel. The room was clean and taken care of each day we were there. Our room had two queen size beds with a pull out sofa bed. We also had a refrigerator and microwave. When I go back to McAlester again, I will definitely stay here.
The beds weren't the most comfortable but they did the job. We brought our own pillows so we couldn't say if theirs were any good! I really liked that they maid refreshed the shampoo and soap each day. Most hotels don't do this and I really appreciated it. I also loved the ample amount of hot water each morning!
The only negative thing was the morning breakfast. The first day was great. There was enough food for everyone. The next two days were terrible! There wasn't enough food, the tables were dirty and the attendant complained about being over worked. For me, this was unexcusable; especially when there was other staff to assist her. Our last day there, there was literally no hot food on the counter. She was in the back room talking to the front desk clerk and one of the maids. The tables were once again messy and there was a full crowd of people there. The three women were complaining so loud we could what they were talking about out in the open. This is completely unacceptable. If they are so unhappy, someone else would probably like their jobs.
When I do stay there again, I will bring my own breakfast food as this way I won't have to wait to eat until the attendant is done complaining!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Southeastern Oklahoma with the finest in overnight accommodations at the all new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in McAlester, Oklahoma. McAlester is home to the world's only Behind the Walls Prison Rodeo . Located just three miles away in Krebs is Oklahoma s own Little Italy which hosts the annual Italy Festival including the world famous Italian cuisine. McAlester offers something for everyone: antique shops, restaurants and bakeries in the downtown shopping district are there to browse through and enjoy. We are proud to be a host hotel, for Halliburton, McAlester Regional Health Center, Franklin Electric Company, Baker Hughes, US Army Ammunition Plant, BP Company and Schlumberger.While staying at the all new Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in McAlester guests will enjoy beautifully landscaped grounds offering an outdoor pool and Jacuzzi that overlooks our outdoor fireplace. We offer spacious suites with modern style furnishings and quality designer dÃ©cor, multiple two line speaker telephones, free wireless and wired high speed Internet, located at an over sized desk with ergonomic chairs and 27 flat screen remote television. The friendly staff offers a variety of services including conference facilities with catering assistance, 24-hour business center, information, complimentary USA Today newspaper and the Express Start breakfast bar. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express McAlester! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Mcalester
- Holiday Inn Mcalester
- Mcalester Holiday Inn