“Relaxing & Enjoyable Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester

AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
Tyler, Texas
“Relaxing & Enjoyable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I drive a tour bus for a living, and stay in hotels rooms more than I stay at home. I have dealt with hotels and staff all over the country, needless to say I've seen it all, but never have I been more surprised and pleased to find out how accommodating everone was. My experience started with a your very helpful, courteous and professional Christi. She started my experience that encluded a great room, relaxing pool area, super breakfast and hostess. I have never seen, but very much appreciated the "SHHHHH" signs! Wish everyone had those, but I know where to go to that has them now. Thanks again for a quite relaxing stay. I have already recommended you to our company for future needs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
McAlesterGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel! I really appreciate it. I would agree that Christi is wonderful and helpful! I would absolutely love to speak with someone from your company and offer them a great negotiated rate! Just let me know!

Lacie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Alvin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The room and rates were exactly as described and the website. I don't know why anyone would give his hotel anything less than an "excellent" review. Christi was especially helpful when it came time for us to check out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
What an awesome review! I put our online content out there and I try really hard to make it as accurate as possible, so I am glad to know you felt like you got exactly what you paid for! Thank you so much for the excellent review, it helps our business so much! Come see us again!

Eufaula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Everything was very clean and comfortable. Could not ask for a better place. Breakfast was wonderful. Good quality and good flavor.
The cook was extremely friendly and fast to clean and tidy the tables after use.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Linda D
Linda and Richard,

Thank you for staying with us at AmericInn McAlester. I am glad to know we met your expectations and provided a clean comfy stay. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and I appreciate your comment on her work ethic, I will pass it on. Thanks again.

Ardmore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The best beds I have found in a motel. Good breakfast. Have always enjoyed my stay. Have stayed in several motels in McAlester and none come close to the AmericInn. Enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kenneth J
I am so glad that we are your favorite of the McAlester hotels! That means so much! I love that you enjoyed the comfy bed and Jacuzzi. I hope to see you on future trips to McAlester.

Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We waited about ten minutes for someone to come to the front desk so we could check in. Our first room smelled very bad due to the soured shower curtain in the bathroom. In the second room there were at least 15 bugs in the floor along with some other trash. I asked for it to be cleaned up before staying our second night but they did not. The front desk said that they could not come in because there was a do not disturb sign on the door. However, they did come in to make the bed and change out the towels. So much for that excuse. Front desk said they couldn't do anything but I could complain to the manager when she comes in at midnight. The breakfast attendant could not keep everything in supply so there were limited options. They need more than one person for that job.

Stayed July 2014
I would like to thank you for your review, and also apologize for all the situations that occurred on your stay. I do apologize that I was working the night shift as we were short handed. I would love to have the opportunity to make this right, please call me if you will be passing through the area again soon and I will set something up. Desk # 918.426.1300.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

For the third year in a row, we had the pleasure of staying at the AmericInn in McAlester, OK. We were welcomed warmly. Our room was fresh-smelling and spotless. Bed was very comfortable (pillows could have been softer). Pool and jacuzzi were the cleanest we have experienced in our travels. Front-end staff (Christi and Lacie) were both exceedingly nice and helpful in assisting us in finding a place to eat. We look forward to staying with these wonderful people again next summer on our journey.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LoveBlueHighways
I speak for everyone when I say that you guys were a joy to have around!!! Being in the hotel industry we get to meet people from all different walks of life, and I feel continuously blessed! I hope to see you on your next trip! Thank you for traveling about and doing good works, it is truly refreshing!

Oklahoma City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If this is all connected, I'm sure you can read the above comments. This was a terrible stay at a location that at one time was superb. Ok, I can go on and on about how dirty the carpet IS and how the bathroom had a bar of soap opened and left on the shower rail and housekeeping didn't find it. The ice bucket was a third full of water where ice had melted and housekeeping failed to check it, empty it and replace the liner. Breakfast was runny eggs, under cooked Patty sausage, no coffee when we got there extremely slow toasters. Countertops dripped with runny eggs and gravy. The room was way to warm, along with the lobby area where it has at least one redeeming value in the lobby appearance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles during your last stay. We try to consistently provide great service, and it does sound like the ball was dropped. I apologize. We spoke shortly after your stay and resolved this, however I will wanted to respond and thank you for your feedback. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Don't forget to contact me to book your stay.