“Loved it! Went back again and again...” 5 of 5 stars

Marilyn's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in McAlester
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Loved it! Went back again and again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place is small and unassuming and positively delightful. It is very quaintly decorated with antique tins and other country sundries. Cool light fixtures.The waitress was always very pleasant (she constantly checked on us) and seemed to many patrons by name. There were always locals in the place which I love. I always ate the breakfast food when I went so I won't comment on their other offerings. The pancakes are awesome and my eggs were always perfectly cooked. The biscuits and gravy are yum and don't forget the blackberry cobbler. I stayed in town for three weeks and probably ate at this place like 5 times. Absolutely loved!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MSarae

St. Louis, MO
“It is okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Can get extremely busy...seems to be very popular. Only one waitress working dinner on the Wednesday evening in January that we dined there. They weren't full yet as we were a bit early for dinner, so I imagine the speed of service would go down as the place filled up. Food was alright...homecooked type meals with a side of "greens" (which was a surprise, as not mentioned on the menu). Place is small, decorated nice and was clean.

Visited January 2013
Leawood, KS
“Neighborhood feel - good dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is warm and simple. My dinner was chicken fried chicken, with potato, salad, hot vegetable and toast; and all was very good. Very reasonably priced. Service was warm and good. Staff is friendly. It was recommended by local hotel staff. I will return.

• 4 of 5 stars
“Great home cooking in a friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just finished lunch here and enjoyed our hot vegetable soup and grilled chicken sandwich. But my GPS didn't take us quite far enough headed south. Look for this cozy place with around 14 tables adjacent to the Best Western Inn at McAlister. Our total bill with two large iced teas was only $11.99--good food and good value (and we are PICKY). The waitress (owner?) knows almost everyone by name who walks in the door. Easy off and on from US 69 and easy to park.

Dallas, Texas
“Local Diner with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband drive through on our way to Arkansas. Decided to try a local restaurant instead of a chain for lunch. This is a small place and it is definitely laid out like a diner. They were short on wait staff this day and the woman that was running the show did an excellent job. The food here is good. I had chicken fried steak and my husband had the special hamburger steak with onion gravy. It was a nice change from fast food. The prices are good. I recommend if you are looking for some home cooking.

• Visited November 2012