“Wonderful Experience!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites McAlester
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I loved staying at this hotel. We made our reservations from the road and the clerk was very polite and helpful. Staying in the hotel with a 2 year old was a wonderful experience. Great service, I could not have asked for a better experience. The breakfast was great too. Wonderful value.

Room Tip: Getting a suite is wonderful with a little one. Lots of room to run
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Brian C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites McAlester, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at McAlester La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.

A La Quinta traveler
Fort Worth
Reviewed May 31, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The room was very nice, bed and pillows were comfy. Had a few tv issues, but was fixed immediatly. The towels need to be softer - kind of scratchy. Also, need to update your bath soaps.
Was there on girls trip to Komar Outlet and Pete's Place.
Pete's place was awesome, as usual.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

thanks!! we appreciate the feedback and are working very hard to get allegiance communications to come in and convert us over to cable from satelite, we are expectinng to have our conversion done sometime in the next 30-60 days.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

One of the cleanest and best laid out LaQuintas I stay at. I am an elite member of this and other motel chains and stay at many hotels in the Oklahoma, Louisiana, and east Texas areas while I travel. I have memberships for the other motels but chose this one. Glad I did.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

thank you so much for letting us know how we are doing, as a manager i cant say enough great things about our housekeeping staff, they make this place what it is with all their hard work and dedication

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This La Quinta is the best one ive ever stayed at..The rooms are very nice,although we did have some loud guest above us. I called front desk & they did quite down the loud people above us. The staff is very friendly & helpful. One of the nicest GM's ive ever had the pleasure in meeting. Helped us get our military discounts set up,etc..The food is good & we did enjoy the light evening meal they offered the guest. The hotel has a nice lot to walk your dog if you are a dog-owner. I would highly recommend this Laquinta to anyone. terrie

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger & close to entrance...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

we cant wait till you come back again!! please feel free to cantact us for your next get away!!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We usually have a great experience with La Quinta and because we have a pet we always try to stay in a La Quinta. We got a hotel at McAlester, OK and had a king size bed room. I always check for bed bugs and this time I actually saw several small bugs under the mattress pad. My husband and I told the front desk clerk who was very nice and moved us to another room on another floor. I was afraid the entire time I was at the hotel!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank 630wades
Brian C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites McAlester, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

we are truely sorry you did not have a pleasent stay, and as with all guest service issues i came to the hotel the evening that i was informed of your bug issue and followed my standard proceedure which is to actually take any insect we come in contact with and bag it and we send it to Juinior at Pro-kill pest control, junior in turn sends it to the oklahoma state university extention office here locally in mcalester and we plot out exactly what course of action via chemical or natural pesticides are needed. in this particular instance junior informed me that this was not a case of bed bugs but instead a common pest associated with pet rooms. we have however taken the preventative steps to ensure that a case like this doesnt arise in the future and we appreciate your candid feedback as it always helps us improve, as always we are here for you in your travel needs as well as your safety needs. please feel free to contact me at any time regarding your previous stay.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

First of all the motel is very nice as are the rooms. However, they appear to rent out a large amount of their rooms to road crews and other companies doing training. The road crew group partied in the room right next to mine, keeping me up a majority of the night with shouting and fowl language. The night manager went up three times to try to get them to quiet down to no avail. I heard them talking the next morning about sleeping in their trucks during the day because they were tired (our tax dollars at work?). When I called the general manager the next day to ask for a discount he never even bothered to respond back. I am very disappointed in that since I frequently use La Quinta and expected the quality of service I am used to.

Room Tip: Hope and pray that you don't have a problem with your room. Management will not be helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Joyce A
Brian C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites McAlester, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Please feel free to contact me directly via my personal number and I'll see to it that your next stay exceeds all expextations. It is alarming to hear that we've let you down. Please contact me directly @9184249676 and I'll see to it that you are compensated directly