All reviewsfull kitchenrib cribice makerfront deskown mealsfree laundrypet feehotel offersfont deskhome away from homedvd playerroom was spaciouscontinental breakfastplace to staygreat pricegreat roomdishwasher
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Chances are, if you are reading this, you either work for the federal government or work at an oil field. As for this government worker, it was a great deal. It offers the government rate. Like all Candlewoods, they have a full kitchen and a free laundromat. Great for those who like to cook their own meals and need to do laundry (like me).

The hotel is relatively new and located across from a large shopping center that includes a Wal Mart. There are also a few restaurants within a two minute walk. The room was spacious and comfortable. Many channels available on the cable television and there is a DVD player (and there is a lending library at the font desk). The Laundry Room/Fitness Center has three washers (one only for oil workers' clothing) and four dryers, some cardio equipment, a few free weights and a universal machine. There was a piece broken, which meant one could not do leg extensions, but it did not ruin my workout routine. If you have a light to moderate exercise regimen you should have no problem here.

Also, I hate using elevators, and the place have nice carpeted staircases.

The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating.

Some cons: My wi-fi connection was very spotty and sometimes I just gave up trying to use it. My DVD player did not work and it had to be replaced (and the folks who replaced it left the packing materials on my bed.) And while I was there no one was able to attach my rewards account to the reservation and I had to call IHG afterwards to get it done.

All in all, it was a pleasant experience and I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Huge room. Kitchenette with microwave, dishwasher & full size fridge with ice maker. Holiday Inn Express was full we found Candlewood. King size bed suite $75. Plenty of restaurants near by. Close to highway & airport. Very clean.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2017

WiFi works well. Breakfast is a little spartan. Parking area is very well lit. Generally the decor is modern and in good shape and everything was clean and in good working order. But the desk chair and recliner in our room had huge rips and patches of missing fabric. They looked like they had been brought in from the curb; I don't think a thrift store would resell them. Really put a blight on what would otherwise have been a pretty good stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
K W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Walter E- I can assure you our chair wasn't found on the curb... some are more well used than others this is true. My apologies for the condition of the one in your room. So happy to hear that WIFI was good and all Candlewood's have a cupboard that allows you to purchase what you like for breakfast. I wish you safe travels and a great summer.

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Having somewhere clean and comfortable to stay at after having our moving truck was such a blessing! The staff was WONDERFUL so helpful and understanding ! the rooms clean,updated and spacious! Great place to stay!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel! Super clean, friendly staff, well appointed. We were extremely pleased with our stay. Full size refrigerator, cook top, dishes, games to check out. The kitchen even had a measuring cup and pots and pans. The location is excellent, easy access off of hwy 69, but far enough away to not hear the traffic. Lots of restaurant locations and a Walmart within minutes from the hotel. Would absolutely stay here again and highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
K W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Txdozer81 - Thank you! We Are Excellent - the staff takes pride in making sure we meet the guest needs. Being close to everything you need makes is easy to live like a local when you visit McAlester, Oklahoma. Come see us again soon. Take care and safe Travels.