Candlewood Suites Mcalester
La Quinta
Travelodge McAlester(McAlester)(Great Value!)
$63
$66
Best Western Inn Of Mcalester(McAlester)(Great Value!)
$68
Happy Days Hotel(McAlester)
$69
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull size refrigeratorice makerrib cribfront deskone nightpet feeroom facingburner cooktopown mealscook topfree laundrypots and pansfont deskblackout curtainsdvd playerextended stayan excellent hotel
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I looked at the great reviews for this hotel and booked. There were several options in this town, so I thought I was choosing one of the best. Location was fine, and it was clean. However, the air conditioner in our room buzzed loudly every time it started up, so we has to turn it off for the night. Also the sheets were so pilled that they felt like sandpaper around the foot and leg area. Also - just to mention - this hotel does NOT provide breakfast. You can purchase food at their snack closet, but only fruit and coffee is available free. For the same price we could have had breakfast included at a different HI express, LaQ, etc., just down the street a few hundred feet. I should have looked more closely to know that was not included. Here's your warning!

Room Tip: Room 302 was at the end of the hall and back of the hotel. Good location. Bad air conditioner.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bookinsemail
Reviewed April 16, 2014

It was an excellent place to stay. You had restrunts and shoping within walking distance. Staff members "Thank you to Christina and Angie for there help" were wounderful I will be staying there the next time I have to travel for work to that area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We travel through McAlester on a regular basis and have stayed at just about every property, we were staying at the Candlelight Inn in Savannah, but they changed owners so we looked about for yet another place to stay.

Candlewood Suites did not disappoint.

Property is set a bit off the highway, behind Rib Crib. We walked to Rib Crib and got a 20% discount for staying at Candlewood.

Lobby is spotless, check in was seamless.

Room was extremely clean and bedding is clean, modern, and comfortable.

WARNING: The TV remotes take some time to figure out, if you are are remote-challenged, suggest you get instructions from the desk.

Cookies provided (and shame on you who ever you are, for loading up the cookies in front me of me and not sharing!)

May be a little higher than other properties, but well worth small price difference. Will be our place to stay in McAlester now.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I just checked out from my second stay at this hotel and found it to be extremely clean with a comfortable bed a thermostatically controlled AC which was very efficient and QUIET. The staff was friendly and helpful and I would recommend the Macalester Candlewood Hotel for anyone traveling for business or family.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

As a traveler for work, I usually stay in motels over 300 days per year and have not found any that outscore Candlewood Suites for overall comfort and friendliness. The mattresses, pillows, and linens have been consistenly above average and I am always assured a good night's rest when staying at Candlewood Suites. I recently stayed at Candlewood Suite in Mcalister, OK on a spur of the moment leisure trip and though I had to drive over 50 miles out of the way, it was well worth the extra time on the road. The staff were friendly and accomodating and the public areas as well as the room was clean and comfortable. They deserve the "10" rating I give them and look forward to staying at Candlewood Suites as I travel across the nation. Just wish there were more available, particularly in the Pacific Northwest.

Room Tip: I have not discovered any problems with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple