“Loving Candlewood”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
waurika
“Loving Candlewood”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I work for R.W.I and i just have to say i have a good time everytime i walk in i am greeted and they always ask if i need somthing. Lisa, Christi, and Toni and everyone eles who works there. My room is always cleaned. I will always bring my business here when I come to town.love yall:)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed here only one night on our way to Branson but would gladly have loved to stay more. The rooms were big and clean. There was a nice flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding. The bathroom was equipped with a tub and there was a nice kitchenette. The price was great. They don't serve breakfast but I don't usually like a continental breakfast anyway. Would prefer to eat out. The front desk lady was very friendly and particularly kind to my parents. I would recommend this place to anyone and will plan on staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Laughlin, Nevada
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Rooms are clean and large. Full Kitchen with utensils. No oven, Full size refridgerator. It is a long stay property so maid service is weekly. No Pool but a 24hr exercise room. You can get maid service on additional days for a small fee. Across the street from Local Supercenter.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 31, 2011

The facility and ammeneties were outstanding. On the other hand we were not treated in a way that would encourage future stays. There was an understandable mix up on a promise given by the staff of holding our room till our return so we could remove the food we had in the referigerater. This was not communicated to the day shift and regretably the expensive food was thrown away. Upon addressing this with the front desk and asking to be reimbursed, (which was done by the way after some consultation with the manager), the cleaning lady stated we were horses petuts(You can figuare out what was really said). I asked her again what was said in case I had misunderstood, and she stated yes horse petuts and went into a room. Upon being confronted at the front desk she asked if I could prove it. This rudeness and disrespect given by her was totally uncalled for and should not be allowed to go unpunished. The management did refund our cost of the food, which was fair and equitable due to the situation and miscommunication, but the comments and rudeness of the support staff was not appreciated at all and management on hand was not supportive of us in this matter. I am in the food service business and can tell you that this kind of behaviour would have one of my employees on the carpet in a New York minute (If not terminated!)and an appology given immediately to my customer and some kind of compensation given. We stay here a minimum of twice a year and the group we travel with book a large number of rooms everytime. I can not safely say we will ever return due to the way we were handled and treated in this matter!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Cknman11
CandlewoodSuites58, Manager at Candlewood Suites Mcalester, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
I do apologize for this mis-communication. This guest requested a 2PM checkout so that he could leave his food in his refrigerator which we gladly extended. But, he changed his mind and checked out of the hotel around 9AM and didn't take his food with him or bring it down to the front desk to place in the breakroom icebox since he changed his mind about waiting until 2pm to checkout. Naturally, there was a shift change. When the room showed as a vacancy any housekeeper would have done the same, cleaned the room out. When this guest arrived back at 1:45PM to retrieve his food, naturally, it was gone as the room was already placed back in clean order. Needless to say, this guest was very mad, rude and unhappy. I did the best I could to make things right. Even tho the guest could not provide a receipt for the amount of money he said he spent, I gladly reimbursed him what he asked. I understand there was some rather "rude" conversation on both sides of this and I assure you that my team was reprimanded. Was there any apologizes or thank you's on behalf of the guest? Of course not. But that is okay. We did the best we could under the circumstances and hope that this guest will stay with us again.
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I've never stayed at a Candlewood and didn't really know what to expect. I had tried to book at the Holiday Inn Express, but they were full and I was directed to this hotel. It is actually more an extended stay hotel, but we were still welcomed for just the one night.
There is a very nice kitchenette in the room, ample work space, a very nice bathroom. I would definately stay here again. I felt the rate was really reasonable ($99) , and a kitchen would save a lot on restaurants if we were to stay longer.
Very clean and quiet. Convenient location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for all the positive thoughts! We were glad to be your hotel of choice, even if it was by chance! Now that you know us, come back to see us!!!!