“Rude”

BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
“Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The lady at the front disk Vickie was very rude and told me to stay at a new motel so I did. After at the poo we when thought I would not tell one person to stay there. She was not a very nice person and I think she needs help. I work for wireline company and have a rig company and I will make sure that none of my hands stay here. I'm really upset with the way I was treated and the way it was handle Such a rude manner. Dee that works in housecleaning was an angel other than that Vicky was a very rude nasty person. And we Used to stay there three months out of the year to work. To top it all off I was not very happy with the way we were treated in the way I was told to go get a motel room somewhere else and not to stay at their hotel no more. So over all u need to work on the front desk and make sure the people that work for u have the rite job for them. And if u need to stay in. Motel look around first And make sure u have the rite one. For u and your hands that u have rooms for to and it meets there needs. And u don't have to put up with rude Disrespectful people. Just a little food for thought u work hard for your money u don't have u put up with disrespectful people. Take your money where people like to see u come back and stay with them.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank TwoKFarms
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
First I have to say thank you for writing this review, although extremely negative and obviously written out of frustration and anger, I thank you. The review process allows us to take in feedback good and bad and make corrections when we need to. I do have to let you know that I think it innapropriate to openly degrade an individual and use their name on a public forum as you chose to do. She is a long time employee that has received many many wonderful compliments and has done our business a great service. Although it isn't always what makes people happy she stood by the rules she was given and she can't be blamed for that. With that being said I am sorry that this situation had to come about but I am glad you found a place to stay that has rules and policies that meet your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

On our way to Kansas, we stopped here for the night. The employee at check in was very courteous and informative. The property is exceptionally clean and the rooms are the same. Parking right outside your room made it easy to load and unload. The breakfast was also great.
Quite a few restaurants are near by, but I highly recommend the 'Happy Days Diner' down the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice review! I am glad you received great service and that you found a delicious place to eat! I have to say I am a fan of the diner also! I look forward to seeing you and your family on future visits to the area!
Duncan, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. We were expecting somewhere where we could just crash for the night, but we would have stayed a week. The desk was very helpful and they called to check on us. The room was immaculate and even our germaphobe friend was impressed. The beds were very comfy and it was a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I always like it when someone is happy about their one-night stay, I am exstatic that you would have stayed an entire week! I am so happy you stayed with us and can't wait to have you back!
Denison, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We are from Texas and we wanted someplace halfway into the trip.I reserved this on the way to Arkansas and it was very nice. Loved the shower! Got a very good nights sleep! Got to park right in front of our hotel room so that was very convenient. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
A good night's sleep is so important, especially when you are on the road! Thank you so much for stopping and staying with us! Hope to see you again soon!
Denton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Traveling to Poteau, Ok and spent the night in McAlester, OK. Called and made reservations before I left, ask for Handicapped Room - have RA and need hand held shower head. Was a little surprised that this was a MOTEL, vs a Hotel - rooms open to the outside. The rooms are very nice and updated. It was a little noisy as the Hwy is right there. With the TV on, the noise went away. The staff was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review! I too agree that it is a wonderful surprise for a motel, as far as the modern decoration etc. I am so glad to work for a business that keeps up their property, and most importantly provides great customer service! Hope to see you again soon!

Lacie
Palestine, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Used hotel on a stop from Tx. to Ka. and it was nice because it was super clean.
I did not like the traffic noise due to very busy parking lot, a cluster of businesses.
The room fan was overpowering, but needed it on to drown out the noise. Staff
was very friendly though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brenda,

I want to thank you for the review. I am so glad that my top two priorities were met, and by that I mean great service and cleanliness! I apologize that the noise was annoying, I think we all get used to it, kind of like living near a railroad, however I am sorry for any inconvenience. I would love to have you back on your next trip through McAlester!

Lacie