WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in McAlester
The West
“My Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I travel 9 to 10 months out of each year so I have lots of hotel experience. The Best Western Inn of McAlester has the nicest staff of any place I stay. I usually stay 4 to 6 weeks in the same place when I travel and the Best Western in McAlester is my favorite. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. They recommend good restaurants and local things to do. Really good coffee and a hot breakfast. Nice big clean rooms with microwave and refrigerator (not old broken down appliances like some places I have stayed). Big flat screen high definition tv in the roof as well.
Nice work desk and a nice long 5 or 6 foot clothes hanger that will hold all of my wife's and my clothes. Long shelf above also for items to store. Like I said I stay 4 to 6 weeks so we bring a lot of stuff. This is my second extended stay here and I will always come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review us, and I am so happy your extended stay was excellent. When you travel frequently you become so aware of things to look for, and I am so glad we accomodated your needs. I also tend to bring a lot of clothes so a spacious closet is a must for me!! Thanks again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very pleasant experience. Excellent Greeter (Lisa) at the Front Desk. Clean room. Friendly folks. Well pleased, and if I'm in the area again I/we will plan to definitely stay here. Easy access on and off Highway 75. Good location as well. Easy entrance/exit.

Room Tip: Didn't check on Fitness Center
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
It sounds like this was your first stay with us here is McAlester, and we are so glad you stopped! It is great to hear the positive feedback especially knowing that you will be back again is great!
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff at this property is always bright and cheerful. You will always feel wanted and appreciated at this Hotel. The rooms are large and very comfortable. There is no noise from the adjacent highway. You are able to walk to a lovely Mom and Pop restaurant or drive to many great restaurants in the area. If you are in the area stop in and enjoy the stay as I always do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we really appreciate loyal guests like you. It is amazing to work for a business that knows their guests and provides great experiences to them time and time again. You make what we do worth it:)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The front desks was very friendly & helpful. The rooms are well appointed & on the larger side. Beds were quite comfortable. Towels are soft! A welcomed relief to other hotel/motel ruff thin scratchy towels.

The breakfast area the next morning was attended to
With detail. Although several people were already having breakfast the buffet area was neat hand tidy as if we were the first ones there.

Will definitely keep in mind should we pass this way again.

Thank you!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Best Western! I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious rooms! I have to agree with you on the towels! Working in the hotel business might even make me a bit more picky than most and there is nothing like soft towels, feels a little more like home that way. We hope to see you on your next visit and again thank you for choosing us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The room was very clean and the cookies was a good reward for staying here. This was my second visit and will not be my last. Very friendly and relaxing place to stay. I highly recommend the Best Western.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I always love to hear when the hotel staff makes such an impression! I am glad you enjoyed the cookies and I am most happy that this was your SECOND visit. It means so much to us to keep our guests coming back. Thank you for your review and we look foward to your next visit.
Leawood, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night on way from Dallas to Leawood, KS. The hotel is nicely decorated and very clean. The desk clerk was very friendly and knew her job well. Our room was very clean, the temperature controls worked well, and the decor was nice. My bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and are happy to stay here on our next opportunity.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
They say it is the "little things" in life that makes us happy. I think your review proved that. We are so glad that you took the time to notice the small details such as temperature controls and decor. It always makes me feel great when someone notices the little extras. We are also happy you had a clean room because we pride ourselves in cleanliness and knowledge of our job, and it sounds like we met your expectations! Thank you for your review and we hope to see you on your future visits.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Lisa at the Check in Desk was like comming home to Sister's house for a needed nights rest.
Glad to see the place is just like the way we remembered our past visit's have always been.
Next door is a great place to eat -early to late the food is good and price is easy to digest too.

Room Tip: Always Call ahead when on the road a long way away from home-- For this Hotel--- If you have pets t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lacie S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of McAlester, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
First of all, I would like to thank you for your continued business, there are many places to stay in McAlester and it means a lot that you choose us! It sounds like Lisa provided fantastic service, as always and that your stay was great! Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon! I'd also like to add that I love the food next door too!!!