“Let Down”

McGehee's Catfish Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The amount of time that it took for us to first get noticed, and then the amount of time in between when they brought us first the hushpuppies, lemons,peppers,pickles and other assorted things and then finally the fish. It was every bit of 50 minutes before the fish arrived cold.

1  Thank SandK2013
There are newer reviews for McGehee's Catfish Restaurant

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Took my elderly mother Easter Sunday 3/31/13 about 6 pm. The cole slaw, green tomato relish and hushpuppies starter was outstanding. The cole slaw is the best and fresh. Then the big mound of home made cut fries and crispy on the outside and flakey on the inside. Man, it was good. I had not been there in 10 years and it was still as good as ever. All the negative reviews on the website are just flat wrong. It is worth the hour and a half drive. Service was great and the price is incredible for all you can eat!

1  Thank mjobota
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ate there Jan 6, 2013. I had eaten there several times before. The catfish was no better than average. The fries were greasy and taste-less. The cold slaw was soaked in vinegar and nothing special. I can remember when the food here was to die for. Don't know what changed. I think they quit using peanut oil or someone just forgot to change to oil for the last month. The place is now way over priced and way over rated. I should have known something was wrong when we pulled up and there were only 8 vehicles in the parking lot. This place use to be packed.
No more for me.

1  Thank Russell P
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Ever since the next generation took over and took notice of online reviews, all the good things remain and a great clean revitalizing restuarant is reborn while the nasty waitresses and silverware died with the old generation.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really enjoy the catfish at McGehee's although I will never let my utensils touch the table. Our most recent visit we arrived at 5:00 pm, when opening. While waiting for our food a waitress took the vacum cleaner or carpet sweeper and placed it on top of a vacant table. Then the waitress set the sweeper on the floor and went off to do something elese. No one ever returned to wipe down or sanitized the table. Just image the people that eventually sat at this table have no idea that earlier a sweeper bottom was atop their table.

1  Thank jo ann j