“Great Location but...”

Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Mannford
Tulsa, OK
“Great Location but...”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We've been before many months ago and enjoyed their beef meals and friendly atmosphere. We tried them again this afternoon and since it was so beautiful outside, we sat on the deck outside and watched other patrons feed the ducks and fish. They now have a large tent/awning to keep the sun off and it was very comfortable. Service was fast and friendly, but...My wife had the catfish and curly fries. I had read the reviews about how good the catfish is, and my wife confirmed that it was very good. The fries, however, were very overcooked and dark brown. I ordered the fish and chips, getting a side salad instead of the chips. the salad was good, but the ranch dressing was not very good and serviced in a squirt bottle. I asked for, but never got, tarter sauce for the fish. This fish is some of the worst I've ever had (and I love fish and chips). It was way overcooked and way overbreaded, as were the hushpuppies. You get 3 small pieces of fish and 2 hushpuppies plus a side (fries or salad) for $8.99. They should have paid me to eat this meal. In fairness to them, we will return but will confine our meals to their hamburgers or other beef offerings. Their menu says their beef is rated at "Choice", and it's been good before so I'm trying to keep hope alive...

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank TulsaZephyr

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Pub Grub & Beer at Lake Keystone with a View”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Beers cold, food is the usual fried pub grub. Pub is built on a float right on the lake. Kids can feed the fish and ducks while you have a beer and watch the boats go by. Nice, clean and friendly ownership. Good destination for a summer lunch or basic dinner for the family. Rockin music... sometimes, during summer. Check with them.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank troutbum
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nice place after a day on the lake”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The food is great here, for being a marina based restaraunt. The people that own it are super nice and we always go here during our days on the water at Keystone lake. Pull up in you rboat and jump out for some lunch or a brew.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mike M
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,053 helpful votes
“GREAT food, not-so-friendly service”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We ate lunch at Pier 51 Cafe on Lake Keystone. When we arrived, there was a group of 11 arriving, they were greeted with a friendly smile and seated outside on the patio per their request. We were next to be greeted but no one ever did. The cashier totally ignored us as she rang up tickets for other orders - a "hello, I'll be right with you" would have been appropriate but instead we got no acknowledgement at all and then she left to deliver the tickets to the tables outside. The host came back but walked right on by us and went to the back. 3 waitresses also came near us but no one said a word to us, no one even acknowledged us being there.

I was more than ready to leave at this point. But my friend said "Give them a few more minutes". More of the same unfriendly treatment continued....but I waited. Finally, I said again "Let's leave and go eat someone else" and again my friend said "Give them a few more minutes".

After a full 5 minutes (clock on wall above cashier) I was done waiting and tired of being walked right past but totally ignored. I turned to leave just as the cashier said "so did you want take out". It was rude that we weren't offered a table even! But I was ready to leave anyway so take out was fine.

I ordered the grilled chicken SANDWICH with choice of side...they have a long list of sides to choose from, I opted for the side salad. After waiting, waiting, waiting for our food to arrived - it finally arrived in containers in a plastic bag that was already tied in a knot on the top.

Glad to leave we did! Only to find out I was given a grilled chicken SALAD. I ordered the sandwich with side salad. But there was no way I was going back in to wait some more.

The 4 star review is only for the GREAT food - not the service or workers or owners (the cashier was the owner - I found out when she answered the phone & argued with a potential customer telling that person she WAS the owner! And her husband was the host and co-owner!).

My grilled chicken salad was very delicious. The onion rings are homemade and AMAZING!

I loved the food so much, I would eat here again. But I will go expecting to be ignored and mistreated by the staff.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank nowincolorado
oklahoma
“The New Pier 51 Cafe Great Place to eat and have Fun”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This is now called Pier 51 cafe. New management as of April 2009. Family owned restaurant, that is always willing to go the extra mile to make you happy. They have the best fried pickles I've ever had. The menu is new and offer a variety of food such as catfish, shrimp, chicken fried steak, Rib-eye steak, burgers, salads, sandwiches and several appitizers. They have live music and karaoke on the weekend and offer outside dining on the larger patio.

4 Thank OklahomaPopman