Quartz Mountain resort is beautiful-however we had the misfortune of trying to find it after dark. Signage is non existant, even once you arrive in the state park. They need to include signs that specifically state "hotel this way", with illumination so it can be seen at night. Perhaps even down the main state route to the resort they could post more signs such as, "Quartz Mtn Resort, only x miles more", so you get a feeling that you are still heading the right direction. Also the courtyard is not lighted, so trying to find your way to the room involves crossing an unlighted circular area, which is no big deal unless of course you just traveled 400 or so miles and are tired.
Other than that rant, the location is simply unreal. The hotel itself is very nice, very rustic in appearance. The scenery is something that you would see out of the southwest, including small types of cacti. While we were unable to enjoy any of the activities, it appears the resort keeps their guests very busy with many different activities to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quartz Mountain Resort, Arts and Conference Center is located on Lake Altus in the Wichita Mountains of Southwestern Oklahoma. The beauty of the Resort and landscape that surrounds it needs to be seen to be believed. Quartz Mountain Resort was re-built in 2001 and and its decor has a distinct "lodge" feeling. The property features 118 beautifully appointed guestrooms with lake or mountain views and 12 cabins. The Resort is ideal for meetings, retreats and conferences. Choose from the 5,000 square foot Grand Ballroom, one of five 2,000 square foot pavillions with lake views or the 697 seat, acoustically perfect Twin Peaks Performance Hall. Quartz Mountain Resort is home to one of the most famed dining experiences in Southwest Oklahoma, The Sundance Cafe. With breathtaking mountain and lake views, the Sundance Cafe features a menu that is distinctly Southwestern with a Continental flair. For recreation, the property has an 18-hole golf cource, in-door pool and hot tub and an on-site activities director. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts And Conference Center
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts Hotel Lone Wolf
- Quartz Mountain Lodge
- Quartz Mountain Hotel Arts
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center Oklahoma/Lone Wolf