“A Hidden Gem in Southwest Oklahoma”

Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lone Wolf
Reviewed June 25, 2009

While looking for a place to stay during a four-day golfing trip to Southwest Oklahoma, I stumbled across Quartz Mountain's web site. It was better than I could have hoped. The Resort is surrounded by the Quartz Mountains and is on Lake Altus. The folks in the rooms that back up to the lake could take a dozen steps and have a fishing line in the water! The room I stayed in was maybe a half-step down from a $225 a night hotel in Albuquerque that I visited a few years ago . . . and at a rate of just over $100, it had to be one of the best bargains around today. (I hate to admit it . . . but I actually found an internet special and paid even less . . . it was like I was stealing!) I only tried the restaurant once (was too busy golfing), but the breakfast was excellent. And though I'm not a fisherman, I enjoyed being right there on the lake. Only problem was being next to the ice and soda machines (noise) . . . but it wasn't enough to make me ask for a different room. It was the perfect location for me since I got to play 11 (of 17) courses that were within an hour's drive. I'll stay there again when I go back to play the other six . . . and I'll probably make yet another trip (this time with my wife) just for a weekend getaway. Best place I've stayed in Oklahoma . . . EVER!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Reviewed June 23, 2009

My husband and I took my parents (in their mid-eighties) to this lodge in May. We all enjoyed our stay; staff was pleasant and accommodating and facilities were very nice. The restaurant had a great atmosphere and a good buffet breakfast. Didn't catch any fish, but fully enjoyed the view and the restful surroundings.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My husband and I spent two nights and had a very peaceful and pleasant time
at this beautiful place. Hard to believe that this is Oklahoma. The quartz mountains
and lake made for some gorgeous scenery. The resort looks very nice and our room
was very clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly and the buffet
had great food at a reasonable price. We definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Quartz Mountain Resort is nestled into a small group of granite mountains by Lake Lugert in SW Oklahoma. It is definately a get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, with beautiful rustic scenery, lots of hiking trails and a friendly, helpful staff. The Lodge is beautifully decorated and the rooms have recently been updated with quality hotel linens. There is a nice indoor pool. Many of the rooms have balconies or a small patio that looks out over the lake. Lake Lugert has lots of sandy beaches and boating and there is a nice golf course as well. We have stayed at Quartz Mountain many times and found the staff to be friendly and very helpful. While there isn't any shopping at Quartz Mountain, Mangum is only 13 miles away and there are a number of small art galleries that have opened there on Artist's Alley. We enjoy shopping there and in the antique stores in Mangum.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We have stayed here several times and there is great value for the cost. The setting is beautiful. The rooms are nice and have great views. There are walking trails with caves and an indoor pool. Food is better and more reasonable than last year. Great family get away.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My husband and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary at this resort and we had a blast. The room was clean and when we opened the back patio door we had a fabulous view of the lake. We got up early each morning and saw the sunrise and it was so quiet and peaceful. The staff made sure our needs were met, extra towels,etc. and they were so pleasant. Also, let me tell you the food at the restaurant was fantastic. If you get a chance order the onion rings, they are the bomb! The worst part of our getaway was leaving and getting back to reality!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I'm not sure what the last reviewer's problem was but we had a great experience there. It was my husband's 50th birthday and we loved it. We had a room overlooking the water with a backdrop of the mountains and it could't have been better. The room was clean and decorated in contempary lodge feel and I loved it. Not your run of the meal motel room. As for the food for $9.99 you get a dinner buffet complete with desert and they had a wonderful selection. They also had a breakfast buffet that was great also. All-in-all it was a super get-away and we will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus

Been to Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center? Share your experiences!