Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lone Wolf
Dallas, Texas
“Needs work”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The whole property is in serious need of repair & the lake is so empty that our lakeview room looked out on a bunch of old tires (I realize the resort has no control over drought, but they should not advertise lakeviews & swimming beaches). Also, they charged us more than the AARP price I reserved online & they STILL haven't credited my credit card for the difference, even after numerous phone calls & complaints from me--I get different answers from different people every time I call, but no action. The restaurant staff was very nice & we enjoyed visiting with Nikita especially--the food was probably the best thing about our entire stay. Barking dogs in neighboring rooms drove us crazy.

Room Tip: Don't expect much from a lakeview room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasGigi50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Clinton, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place used to be so nice, but it appears all general maintenance has just stopped. Walking around the grounds, many things are in need of repair, cleaning, or a fresh coat of paint. In our room the curtains were torn, the box spring on the bed was left without and bed skirt and the sink was cracked. I picked up the phone to call for more towels and it was so dirty! I also never go any towels. No one would answer the phone so I had to go the first desk to ask for some.
We did eat dinner at the restaurant on site. Despite the bad reviews I read, it wasn't bad. They have a great kids menu, with lots of options, my husband said his steak was great. My salad was average. The service was okay.
Even though the room was far from what we expected and had experienced in the past, the scenery and hiking trails were great and my family had a good time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the parking lot if you have a lot of luggage. It is a long walk and there is no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nanneyadams
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The resort is not a five star resort, but for the price it is very comfortable. Plus they have lots of arts on display, and decorations are tasteful! Some places do need maintenance - cracked sink, stained toilet. Restaurant can move things a bit faster. Rooms don't have microwave and refrigerator unless you ask and then they are first come first serve -- fyi. However, we had a great, relaxing time and truly enjoyed the beautiful view. Theres a trail across the bridge to twin peaks conference thats along the lake, and the view is gorgeous! Oh, they are pet friendly, so we brought our furry friend along.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fung C
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our room was so loud. We could hear the TV in the next room. Each room's door would bang loudly everytime someone came in or left. We were placed by a stairwell with another banging door. We complained to the front desk and he simply said there was nothing he could do (they were completely booked). We left in the middle of the night and drove the five hours home rather than deal with the sub-standard conditions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank scout747

Travelers are raving about these Lone Wolf hotels

Oklahoma
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here about 10 years ago, and it has came down hill a lot. The staff is friendly and helpful, however the grounds need maintenance. The lake is in desperate need of water! The is no water near the lodge, so requesting a lake view room is pointless. Dead fish and smell from the banks due to golden algae. The rooms are small but clean. There was a microwave in our room, but no fridge. The ice machine and vending machine on our floor were both out of order. The pool is "inside" with bay doors that open for warmer days. The hot tub is small and in desperate need of need paint, as it was chipping all around. We had dinner at the restaurant. The food was a pretty display, but a little on the cold side and not really that great. Our service was average. For the prices, I would suggest to drive to Altus and grab something hot. This is a nice and relaxing place if you are looking for a weekend getaway from everything modern. I do not recommend this place if you are not an outdoor kind of person, as there is not much to do.

Room Tip: Bring games or a good book to read, as the library here is owned by the arts and you are not allowed...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank my2cutekidz
Lawton
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Check in process was speedy and pleasant, we had called the day before for a reservation. Our room was a lake view with a balcony, but the balcony is to small for chairs, however it was nice. The room was clean and comfortable. We asked for, and received a fridge. There was plenty of hot water and towels were adequate.
It`s about 100 yds from the parking lot to the rooms, plan accordingly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bill R
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 19, 2013

On arriving the staff was very accommodating; they put a refrigerator in our room, with a microwave, and a pack and play, all for our baby. We were even surprised that we got free Champaign (it was Valentine’s Day weekend). The room we got had two full beds, which I’ll take the blame I didn’t clarify. (Now all that was fine and dandy) The buffet dinner that night was awesome and very well priced even though we were forced to pay 18% gratuity, for buffet service when the waitress only brought us water.
Now that I’ve mentioned the good stuff here goes the bad. My wife has celiac disease and was looking forward to their special desserts which boasted two gluten free desserts: a flourless no bake cake, and a gluten free chocolate torte, that was created by Chef Bola Togun. Neither of these was available. The lunch menu offered Kettle Fried Potato Chips with blue cheese dip, also my wife’s favorites, and this was not available either. Chef Bola’s Meatloaf and lobster bisque (one of my favorites) were also unavailable. We asked why so many problems, and we were told that that chef quit over a year ago and took his recipes. So why are they still up on the website? Needless to say my wife who had been waiting for this trip to treat herself after dieting, was not happy, and if she’s not happy, then I’m not happy.
The website also says the resort has satellite TV with extended channels, they did not, it was very basic cable with 3 or 4 ESPN channels, TBS, and local channels. They did not have A&E, History, Discovery, Food Network, MTV, VH1, or any premium channels.
The free WIFI was really limited the first night, making watching any videos (considering there wasn’t anything good on TV) impossible. The second night it worked.
The elevator broke the first night, and since we have to stroll a child we ended up having to carry all of our stuff up the stairs. They did have it back to running later. The staff was friendly, and tried to accommodate, but I think management needs to step up and either take the misinformation off the website or fix the issues.
While checking out the front desk person tried to charge me an extra 28 dollars, telling me that my card wasn’t charged the whole amount, I knew better, they eventually worked it out, but I’d feel bad for people who didn’t know to challenge the bill.
If it was up to me, would I stay there again, probably because the cost is pretty good, but since my wife will never return, neither will I.
If you like hiking, and some simple cliff climbing I would recommend driving down for the day, or finding a cabin to rent, or camp out. The weather was awesome in February and we really enjoyed that aspect.

Room Tip: Go during the cooler months, no snakes, and good hiking. Don't think you're getting resort s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus

Been to Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center? Share your experiences!