“A great wedding anniversary weekend!”

Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lone Wolf
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a great time at this somewhat out of the way but worth the drive resort. The out of the way is the charm of this place. It's quiet peace made for a great wedding anniversary weekend. All of the staff were very pleasant for the front desk to the room stewards. We had a delightful breakfast that was delicious. It was quiet and we were not rushed to move on. The wait staff was very attentive and polite. Our room and the facility was very clean and smelled wonderful. We have already booked another date.

Room Tip: Although the lake is very low, a lake side view is on the back quieter side of the hotel. Be prepar...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reynolds3701
There are newer reviews for Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was pleased with the special Thanksgiving weekend rate we received. I read that travelers in the past had been offered a rate that was not honored. I will say we were supposed to be booked lakeside and were not, instead we were on the courtyard. I talked to the clerk when we checked out and he did give us fair compensation for the change. My husband was so impressed with the quiet. We live close to a State Park lodge and I think Quartz Mountain is one of the cleanest State Park lodges I have ever seen. I did hear there were water problems at the lodge the weekend we stayed but it did not affect the main hotel. It was very nice.

Room Tip: Lakeside would have been beautiful and my preference if we stay again.
2  Thank katwok
Reviewed December 1, 2012

First of all, let me start off by saying the area around Quartz Mountains is a great place to stay. I rented 2 cabins (#5 and #6) for the Thanksgiving holiday. Both cabins were in good shape, fairly clean and in a nice wooded area with deer about as thick as mosquitos. After we got all of our stuff moved in, I noticed that the water was shut off to the toilet in #5. I turned it on and flushed it a couple of times, no problem. About an hour later, one of our guest told me the bathroom was flooded out. At about 11:00 pm on Thanksgiving night, a worker was out snaking the line. After he left and we started taking showers, the tub would not drain (thank goodness we had another cabin rented so we could use the shower and toilet). The next day (Friday) a crew was out in the cabins area working on a water line so we also didn't have any water for a good part of the day in either cabin. Later in the evening, the toilet in #5 flooded the bathroom again. This time, I called the lodge and asked for another cabin for the night...they indicated they would move us to Cabin #1. A little later when I went to get the key, the man at the lodge advised that Cabin #1 was not ready, and since we had 5 people in the cabin, he would put us up in 2 rooms at the lodge (no charge for our inconvenience) and not charge us for the cabin since we basically had no use of the bathroom facilities for the whole time we were there.....so far so good, and lodge rooms were very nice. Went to check out the next morning and they gave me my bill, and I was being charged for my cabins AND the two rooms in the lodge that I didn't even ask for. After a long discussion with the lady at the front desk (after repeating the whole story to her and the guy the night before) I asked her to call her supervisor as we were headed out of the area. She did, and I explained to him the whole thing (again) He asked me what he could do to make it right, and I told him to just honor what the guy told me the night before that put us in the lodge rooms to begin with, which he said would be no problem. Well, fast forward a few days and I checked my credit card bill. I was not charged for the rooms at the lodge which I didn't request in the first place, but I was charged for the cabin #5 which had no available bathroom and we had to spend an hour moving out of that was a big inconvenience for our short vacation time. So my advice is if you have any problems, ask to speak with the lodge manager and get their promises in writing. They were all very nice about it, they just didn't follow up with what they said they were going to to. Overall, I wouldn't have a problem going back to Quartz Mountains Cabins or Lodge again.

Room Tip: I would check the cabins out before you get all your stuff moved in...of course, over the holidays l...
5  Thank Greg D
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Visited there over the thanksgiving weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. This is not a hustling bustling 5 star resort but it is just the place my wife and I needed to get away from the hum drum of city life. The resort is quite, calm and scenic.and the staff is very kind and polite. The rooms were clean and the thanksgiving lunch buffet was filling.

Room Tip: lake view rooms have a better view than the mountain view
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Quartz Mountain Lodge this past weekend. My daughter attended a dance convention. The lodge and the surrounding area is very beautiful. It is about a 15 minute drive to Altus, Oklahoma, which has lots of cute shops and restaurants.

I was disappointed by the lodge's cleanliness. The rooms where the girls has classes were filthy. The dancers' pants were stained after just a few minutes of stretching. It looked like the floors hasn't been cleaned in a long time. There were cobwebs and bugs all over the ceiling and corners of the rooms. The girls performed in the Pavilion in Saturday night. That area was just as filthy. Bugs were everywhere! And the backstage area had a smell to it. During the performance, a group of ladies killed a huge centipede! Yikes!

I was also not impressed with service. When we arrived in our room, it only had 3 bath towels. My daughter called down to the desk for some extra towels. We waited about 45 minutes. When she called back, the person on the phone told her that she needed to be patient. I wondered if the person was being so rude to her because she was a child. Needless to say, we never received towels that evening. The next morning we called for some towels. It took 2 phone calls to finally receive them. Furthermore, when checking out, The front desk help was not overly friendly to say the least.

The restaurant and bar is a nice area. We ate there several times during the weekend. Our service at the restaurant was good, and we enjoyed the food as well. There was a banquet for the dance convention on Saturday night, and the food and service was good there as well.

The Quartz Mountain Lodge is such a cool place in beautiful surroundings. I wish the cleanliness and service would have been better. Disappointed...

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank soonergirl23
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very nice setting in the remote southwest part of Oklahoma. Room was nice, kind of southwest meets cowboy theme. Clean, quiet, remote, good food, back to nature.....water was low on the lake though. Saw lots of deer and raccoons during my stay! That was pretty amazing as the deer would allow you to get very close. Conference center was nice and could seat 250-300 it seems.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We enjoyed the room and the nearby hiking trails. The water level was very low so we weren't able to fish or do any water activities, unfortunately. I did like how secluded this place was, but there were as a result no dining options besides the on-site restaurant within 20 minutes or so. The restaurant was very good; try the burger!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus

Been to Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center? Share your experiences!