“Treasure in the southwest”

Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lone Wolf
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very nice setting in the remote southwest part of Oklahoma. Room was nice, kind of southwest meets cowboy theme. Clean, quiet, remote, good food, back to nature.....water was low on the lake though. Saw lots of deer and raccoons during my stay! That was pretty amazing as the deer would allow you to get very close. Conference center was nice and could seat 250-300 it seems.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We enjoyed the room and the nearby hiking trails. The water level was very low so we weren't able to fish or do any water activities, unfortunately. I did like how secluded this place was, but there were as a result no dining options besides the on-site restaurant within 20 minutes or so. The restaurant was very good; try the burger!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robinmag
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent for weddings, retreats, secret get aways. My sisters wedding took place at the lodge in amphitheater . It was lovely. The banquet halls, however, needed a great deal of decor to make them reception worthy. The rooms were very sufficient and clean --- perfect for an anniversary surprise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pmw3699
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just wanted a quiet get-away for a couple of days and this place was great. Not too many people there in the fall. Little touristy places were closed for the season. Room was very nice, resturant was very good and people were courteous. Small towns nearby where we found some great bargains at their little antique stores. Scenery was unusual and beautiful. Our only complaint was the distance from the parking area to our room. Whew--we decided we're really out of shape. (They offer to drive you in one of the golf carts ---good idea when you are taking in luggage or leaving with luggage.) We had a great time and hope to go back someday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davlin26
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay and explore the quartz mountains... Only thing is their wifi is horrible... So it is like being in the wilderness... Food was better than in the past and the staff and park rangers are very nice and educational about the area...

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank M2tulsa
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights - was looking for an out-of-the-way outdoorsy place with great hiking. I just can't recommend here.

The lodge - I had booked ahead of time and decided to pay more for a lake-view room. They gave me a room with no view of the lake. If the prices were the same and it was a first-come-first-serve thing then I would understand. But to pay more and then be downgraded bothered me. I went back to reception and they did change my room. I should not have had to ask for what I paid for. The room was decent enough - comfortable and roomy. It did have some cleanliness issues - mainly lots of mold on shower curtain. But the price was low, so one gets what one pays for.

The lodge did not do a good job providing hiking information - so do your own research beforehand. They gave me two handouts - one was so low quality and fuzzy I could not make out symbols and locations. The other was copied in a way that the left side of text was cut off so you had to guess what they were telling you about each trail. I stopped by the park station to pick up better maps (the same ones, but better quality). The maps overall (prepared by the park) need some help in terms of better specifying locations, whether they loop or require a back track, etc. I think they could hire a good intern to create more user-friendly maps.

The restaurant was just ok. I laughed that on day 2 at lunch, a dried up lime from the floor the night before was still sitting on there and the bar had not been wiped down. It's not gourmet - it's just meant to provide food.

I would not stay there again - however if I were in this part of the state again and wanted an lodge-type setting, I'm not sure there are choices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hsam
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Even though it rained most of the time we were there we enjoyed our stay. TV is limited, the pool had gnats in it , however, my granddaughter (5 yrs old) and I avoided the bugs and had a great time swimming in the am. The food was ok - we ate breakfast and 1 dinner meal at the resort. We were able to hike a little bit and saw deer on the paths. Unfortunately all the activities were closed - mini golf, water slide, etc. I guess we were lucky as the Navy was having a family get together and they let my granddaughter play in the bounce house and get her face painted which added to our stay. Would be better for little kids if they had an indoor playground or activities (outdoor playground was wet) but over all a good place for two nights with family. Fortunately temperature was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lone Wolf
16 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus

Been to Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center? Share your experiences!