“Read this first.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Tucson, Arizona
“Read this first.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on Oct. 30, 2011. It has been a week since I contacted their corporate office and I have not received a response back. I feel I must warn anybody who plans on staying there about my experience.
At this writing, Nov. 7, 2011, I am still suffering with the effects of numerous Bed Bug bites. Beware this hotel.
As for the hotel itself, it is a typical 1-2 star hotel. I was surprised at the price since the hotel was dead. They offer a cold breakfast which I did not partake. The room is spacious enough with a fridge and coffee pot. Check in service was friendly and accommodating. Check out was not. I informed the front desk clerk about the bed bug infestation and the response was, "Bugs? Hmmm." I left it at that and contacted corporate. Service: 4 out of 10.
Cleanliness, aside from the bed bugs, was ok. Probably a 7 out of 10. With bed bugs: 1.
I do not plan to ever stay at an ABVI again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Mrdbake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I am reading the reviews that this place isn't so bad. Well, if you don't mind dirty bathrooms and carpets (honestly, the bathroom was GROSS), then this is the place for you. It was slightly cheaper, but not really that much. I didn't mind the age of the room, I MINDED THE FILTH! We stayed here when my step-son graduated from Fort Sill's boot camp. We were to stay two nights but I barely slept the one night we were there (there were no other rooms available at 10:00 at night in Lawton on the evening before a graduation, although believe me, I tried to find one). The woman at the desk at the WAS nice, although a bit scattered. She gave me keys to two other rooms so maybe we could change rooms, but they were just as bad. When I told her how dirty the room was, she said "We don't have a very good cleaning staff right now." Really? And you want me to spend $80 a night to sleep in a dirty room? I called around the next day and stayed in a nice, CLEAN hotel in Medicine Park (yes, it cost $10 more a night but well worth it!). Please save your money, call for reservations somewhere else EARLY (we did not, which was apparently our downfall). Good luck and stay away from this hotel! P.S. I will also be writing a review for the Fairfield Inn in Forth Worth, which was GREAT, so I'm not just a "negative review writer." :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JavaVick218

Travelers are raving about these Lawton hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I wanted to take a moment out of my day to compliment and rely my gratitude for the desk clerk (with the long blonde hair, I didn’t catch her name) at this ABVI I stayed at last week in Lawton, OK. She was one of the kindest, sweetest and most understanding desk clerks I have ever encountered in my many travels.

This was a very tough last minute trip for me. I divorced after 20 years of marriage in Dec.2010 and was roughly learning how to live and raise and my 3 sons on a now single income. My oldest son was to graduate from Army Boot Camp at Fort Sill on May 19th, however it was difficult to confirm because he incurred and injury that, from what he was told and understood, could have caused him to be "recycled" for a later date of graduation. He worked very hard and persevered and found out only a week before (Mothers Day May 9th) that he would in fact graduate with the rest of his Battalion. My funds were strapped and I had no idea how I was going to be able to make it, but knew I HAD to be there! As I started my searches for Air, hotel and car. I called this ABVI location and this sweet lady answered the phone and took my reservation for Weds 5/18 & Thurs 5/19. Then on to Air & Car.. which was not at all as simple as the hotel.. I found due to continuous price increases I would have to fly into Oklahoma City instead of Lawton, then that it would be $380 cheaper to fly out on Saturday the 21st instead of Friday the 20th. So I booked the flight in hopes I could get an extra night at the ABVI. Sure enough I called and again she was more than happy to extend my reservation.

In addition to her already kind & respectful personality this lady took a chance with me that many others may not have taken. When I arrived on Wednesday I was not sure if I was going to need the Friday night stay or not, I was hoping to go to Oklahoma City and spend Friday night, however I was very tired after being so on the go all day Wednesday & Thursday that I decided to go ahead and extend my stay a ABVI, when I called the desk to let her know I would in fact be staying Friday night so called me back to inform me that my card had been declined. I was in a panic and had no idea what to do, so I told her the truth. I had just processed an on-line payment for my card that morning and if she would just re-run it before I checked out I promised it would clear or I would give her my debit card (which would clear, but more than likely overdraft my account). She assured me that was fine and everything was going to be ok and we could work it all out when I checked out on Saturday. When I checked out Saturday morning I was so nervous that my payment may not clear until Monday and the payment would again be declined I again was in a panic… when I went to the desk I was shaking and nervous and with her big smile she said she already ran my card earlier that morning and everything was fine! I had such a huge relief, I had no idea what I was going to do…

Her last words to me were “sometimes you just have to take a chance on people and give them the benefit of the doubt”. I’m so very grateful this lady took a chance on me! I don’t know what I would have done had she told me I had to check out…

With sincere thanks & appreciation!
Jonelle Hunter

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jch12169
Louisburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I had read allot of bad reviews about the Best Value in in Lawton OK. Well the staff was more than helpful and the lobby had a very cozy feeling. Sure the place was built in the mid to late 60's and shows its miles in some places. This is not a bad place and the wi-fi works great. Don't listen to all the bad reviews They were obviously written people with BMW taste on a Chevy budget.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank danny19683
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I'm a little surprised by all the really bad reviews, as that was not my experience. This is a budget Motel (the clue is in the name!), and I'd say you get what you pay for here. My room was perfectly OK. Clean and comfortable enough, but clearly not brand new. The pool is quite nice, in a courtyard setting. The guy on the front desk was polite and friendly. They DO serve breakfast, but slightly more budget that you'd get in Days Inn or Best Western (eg bread for toast, but no bagels, and no waffles). I'd say the price/quality ratio was about right here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

They do not answer the phone at the front desk for your needs or whants! I will never stay here when I visit Ft. Sill again. I am a little pissed!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Georgetown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

This place is filthy and the pictures are false. There is no breakfast, restaurant or even working cable. The internet is terrible and the place smells like curry. You'd be better off sleeping on the sidewalk.

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business