BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Lawton
“Unfriendly”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the 3rd time my husband and I have stayed here. This time we brought family members with us, when we called to make reservations the guy was rude. Then when we ckd in was the same guy, not a friendly person!! Was told our rm was not big enough for 4 adults and a child, when he was told that when we booked the rm. He was a total jerk! The child is 2yrs old! Other then that we like this hotel, the pool area is not very clean, the rm was clean, and the breakfast was good! Just think the people could be a little more friendlier!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great place to relax and really enjoyed the pools and large area available around the pools. Staff was awesome and the breakfast that is included was wonderful!!! Looking forward to family reunion next year at this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wood Dale, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Hotel was excelent. Clinton the Maintinence man for the Hotel, went above and beond his Job. Air Conditioner #2 in the room was blowing out hot air and without me asking clinton changed it out, making our room colder. Thank you Clinton. Clinton checked also later to make sure it was running good. Clinton is a very hard worker, and me and my wife, Apprieciate his loyalty to your Hotel. Through out the Day all i seen was Clinton going from room to room doing his job and very well at that. As hard as I seen him work, we would love to see such a hard worker and Dedicated man get a raise or Certificate. (Just a Suggestion). I dont know clinton personaly but can tell how well your Hotel is just by your staff you have . EXCELENT!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms were well taken Care of, and Great Staff.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank godfatherth
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My family pulled a surprise vacation on me and we were going to go to see some sights and go to the National Weather Center in Norman, OK. The rooms did have a musty smell and some spattered blood on the bathroom wall (I am VERY picky about those kind of things), but we got a suite for 80- 90 dollars. The bed was stiff and hurt my neck in the morning. The person who checked us in was VERY kind, helping us choose where to eat for supper.

Room Tip: The outer rooms have accessibly to the garden.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lawton Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I think you put a review on the wrong Hotel. You stated that you went to Norman OK to the National Weather center. We are in Lawton OK some 60 miles Southeast of there. If this was a msitake please correct it. If not please advise me my name is Roger Bank GM, I can be reached at 580-353-0200. I do appoligize on behalf of Best Western and hope that you will stay with our family of hotels again. Again Thank You for your comments.
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My family stayed here two night while sight seeing in the mountains. The out doors could be kept up a little better than it looks but inside is very clean. They have two outdoor and one indoor pool. Our beds were relaxing and AC worked great in the 100 dg temp we had these days. The breakfast bat was hot and good. Nick at the front counter could have a better attitude to the paying customer, the other counter ladiesare nice. I give this a high 8. 1-10

• Stayed June 2012
Dacono, Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I travel and spend a minimum of 8 weeks each year living in hotels. At the beginning of my career it was generally easy to expect a certain quality in hotel accommodations from the name of the hotel chain. Unfortunately, that is no longer true for an old trusted name such as Best Western. The outside appearance looks a bit rough but not bad and the check in experience was fast, friendly and left me expecting a nice place to spend the night. Walking down the narrow halls with low ceilings brought back memories of hotels I am sure have replaced many years ago. Stepping into the room and drawing in that first breath of old musty carpeting mixed with a large dose of air deodorant was a warning to turn around and find another place to stay. Unfortunately I decided to stay only to find that the WIFI promised over the phone was available if I was staying in a room at the end of the hallway and those rooms were taken. In order to do the work I normally do in my room I had to sit in a noisy front lobby and had to apologize to the people I was talking to on the telephone. I checked out the next day and found the hotel I expected the Best Western to be.

Room Tip: For a Tip I would suggest looking across the highway from the Best Western.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fort Hood, TX
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Wow...I cant believe they offfer FREE Meet & Greet Buffet in the evening! Safe me lots of money....Love the heated indoor pool and walking distance to casino...the only bad thing is its winter and we didnt get to use the 2 outdoor pool.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family