“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
New Haven, Connecticut
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and was pretty satisfied. I was visiting for a graduation ceremony at Fort Sill sometime in November. The location was near the base and a good price, I would recommend it to anyone looking for something simple and well kept. I stayed in two different rooms, the second room was definitely much nicer just because the shower knob was a lot less confusing. Breakfast wasn't too extreme, which isn't bad. I am usually satisfied with a muffin or a waffle which was there so I have no complaints. Didn't get to go into the pool but it looked nice. My room was on the first floor near the pool and on the contrary to what people say it was pretty quiet on this side too. Might have just been since it was November. Anyways I recommend this to families heading to Ft. Sill or people passing through the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I hate to write a bad review but this hotel deserves it. I was driving several hundred miles with 3 friends and there was bad ice on the road. We pulled off the road in Lawton in order to get a couple of hours of sleep and wait until the sun rose to start our journey again. We only needed a room from 5:00AM-7:30AM. I just wanted a bed to stretch out on, and a shower. When I entered my room, there was SNOW on the carpet and it was freezing cold. I turned the heater up as much as possible and got into bed. During the 2 hours, the heat NEVER warmed up. When I got up to shower....the water was ice cold. There was no hot water.
I went to the front desk to complain. The woman said, "There is nothing I can do. I'll let maintenance know."
What a completely awful experience and a waste of money!!
It's also very inconvenient to get to this hotel.....you have to double back about a mile on a winding frontage road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Lawton hotels

Emory, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed here one night. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful! Very concerned about our comfort and satisfaction. The location is good, close to gas, food and shopping. We'll certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Owasso
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

the hotel was now busy at all, maybe 10% full, yet they put me in a room right next to a room that was being repaired. i guess a worker left something on because all night long, sonething would go off about every 2 to 3 minutes. i got very little sleep and when i told the lady at the front she just blew it off. the iron had open wires on both wires, could cause a fire or shock the snot out of you. i took it to the front dest and she just said WOW. also the light next to the bed was burned out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business