“Might need more employees”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Salas Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Salas Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Phoenix, Arizona
“Might need more employees”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food is very good and the location made it easy to get in and out of. It was just after the lunch hour on a weekday and they seemed to be understaffed. It took to long for our table to get water,chips & dip. The waitress was very good but her helper was very slow and often ignored us. We will try something else on our next visit.

• Visited June 2013

Lawton, Oklahoma
“Ok place to go”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to this restaurant with some friends I was not impress with the service nor the food. I've eaten at different Mexican restaurants in this area and the food was much better.

Visited January 2013
Duncan, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful dining out”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The server was very friendly and accomodating. I asked for a salad with shrimp, which they were happy to do. It was very nice to see a restaurant that still cares about its food and service.

Visited May 2012
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Our Favorite Local Mexican Place”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My family has eaten at Salas' since around 1973. We absolutely love their Tex-Mex cuisine--especially the Number 2 and Number 5 Dinners. They have the best red (we call it hot) sauce and cheese dip and chips. I can't recommend them enough. Reagan and the staff always greet us when we come in, and we try to go there at least once a week or so. They are very friendly and strive to please. Great Place!

Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Food just OK”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just moved to Lawton and I had read about this place so we tried it on Sunday afternoon. It was nearly empty. Service was good. The place is really old but inviting. There are windows but you can't see out of them. The margarita was really good, a little tart. The food was less than average and did not seem authentic as advertised outside the building. I found some really sharp bonelike pieces in my enchilada. Its a good thing that I don't eat as fast as my husband, It would have been very painful going down. I showed them to my server and the manager sent out dessert, nice enough.The chips were very tasty and warm and crispy. What I found strange was the queso dip that was served. It was thin and geletous (sp) almost tastless and I believe that it is blended with cornstarch to stretch it. I would eat here again but only if I was with someone who just loved the food. I found it mediocre at best.

• Visited November 2012