“Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Lawton
Tulsa, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The young lady at the check in counter was amazing. Very friendly and had my rewards enrollment done for me by the time I got back from Dinner. The room was super clean. When I made the reservation I reserved two twins because that is all they had and during the reservation process they said they were gonna to make a note to upgrade me to a king if one became available. I was upgraded to a King. Very nice

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Lawton, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I needed 5 rooms for 4 night stay. The same girl took the same information and billed the same credit card except for the same reservation….. When the first of our party begin to show up, she had 1 room for the following day in February and the other 4 in March on the same day of that month. We didn’t find out until the two Great Grandmas arrived first and had no room. No problem though, your parking lot was large enough for them to sit and wait until I arrived 1 hour later. We ended up at the La Quinta for that night and I knew I should not return to your Hotel, but my family really enjoys Hampton so I was persuaded to return the following day where our rooms would be straightened out. After checking back into your Hotel the following day and expecting to stay 3 days, I was checked out the following day by your staff. I had to get with another girl who actually got me another two days in the same room so I didn’t have to move my junk all over the Hotel. Not done yet. Then I find the Bride to be has 4 rooms sitting on her name and card that we assisted in making the original reservations to begin with. That’s when it took 3 of our party and 3 of your staff to get in one place and settle it all. It would be nice if you had an attachment section so I could share a picture with you of the filthiness and nastiness of the foyer restroom. For two days the trash can was over flowing into the floor; nothing I haven’t seen before in very low end seedy bars, so no worries. But the old sock that laid by the toilet for those two days plus the next one after that concerned me. I’m not sure what it is or was used for. I can deal with the urine in the floor that was there every morning, our son is a baseball player and ball parks aren’t known for the cleanliness of port-a-pots, but I would think that someone on staff, somewhere in that hotel, would need to use that facility and feel the need to act.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kristin C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review as it helps with your subsequent trips to our hotel.

I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during our stay with us. I have spoken already with our Hampton Team to ensure that what you experienced with us does not happen again. I deeply regret that you left our hotel with less than exceptional service. In our previous email to you about this instance I have offered my services to you and your family and if there is anything I can do please do not hesistate to contact me directly with the given information already emailed.

Thank you for being our guest at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Lawton, OK. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you back to the area! We loved having you here!
Athens, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The staff was exceptional - the hotel was very clean, the breakfast was great. My entire stay of 4 days was very relaxing and enjoyable. I can't say enough about the staff, from the front desk to the cleaning personnel to the kitchen staff - everyone was great. Thank you for a great experience and hope to be back in about 8 weeks for my grandson's graduation from AIT.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice place to stay. Our room was a bit crowded. No seating area accept at desk. No microwave nor fridge in our room. Problem with heating system. Had to turn off heat to cool room or use airconditioner each time the room became too warm. Apparently the thermostat did not work correctly. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Different foods each day. Exercise room small. Staff was wonderful.

Poteau, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had a great trip and great stay, and we would be very happy to stay at any Hampton Inn again in the future. We would definitely recommend Hampton Inn to anyone for any kind of a trip whether personal, family, or business. Thanks for a great experience!

Richmond
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed in our stay this week. We had a non smoking room and it had a stale smoke smell. Also, there was not a refrigerator or microwave in our room. For the price we paid for 2 nights, I would expect this as standard. We had family staying in the same hotel in a smoking room and they had a refrigerator and microwave. How come they are in some rooms but not all? The sink and toilets had cracks and needs updating.

The staff were all very nice and pleasant. It was very convenient to restaurants. If it weren't for the staff I would have rated this hotel much lower.

Stayed February 2014
Bennettsville, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Expensive hotel without fridge or microwave, bathroom sinks clogged, reservations totally mixed up, staff unconcerned and seemingly to not understand their job at times... A nightmare on Cache St. in Lawton, Oklahoma!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business