“Good Choice”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Las Vegas, NV
“Good Choice”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We spent two nights here on a cross-country trip. The hotel is new-appearing and the staff pleasant. They do a good job cleaning. It was very busy, with military families, young children and babies. I must say, with so much activity the staff kept the hallways clean. However, our room was already beat up. One wall was black with skidmarks from the desk chair, and the furniture had big chunks knocked out, and scratches. It's too bad that some people can tear things up so fast. Once again, though, it was new and very clean and we would stay again if ever in Lawton! God bless our soldiers and families!

Stayed July 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
San Jose, CA.
Reviewed June 20, 2008

My husband and I are both executives and both well travelled personally and professionally. No offense to anyone, but, Lawton Oklahoma is not exaclty on our hot list of places to see! We were only here to see our son graduate from basic training with the Army. We are typically used to first class and four or five star hotels. Based on that and the options available to us in Lawton - I was pleasantly surprised with the Hampton Suites. The rooms were absolutely spotless. And I can not say enough about the staff - very accomodating and very pleasant. It is assumed that most people come here to see their child or spouse at Ft. Sill - they acknowledge that and do everything they can to accomodate. The wireless connection is great, breakfast is decent and it is absolutely worth the extra few dollars to get a suite. We had two rooms booked - one for teenagers to see their brother and a suite for us. Both rooms were spotless, in good working condition and no complaints on either for the space. Though the suite will give you a small 'kitchen' area with a small refrigerator and microwave and a bit more space.

Yes, as someone had prior mentioned, it is a bit overpriced for the area, however, another side to that is: given the area it is in - you get what you pay for!! Given the limited options in the area the Hampton is well worth the price for the cleanliness, the location and the service of the hotel staff.

And, if your looking for a decent meal with excellent service and a great wine list - go to Rinie's Wine Bar and Restaurant. They are right next door to the Hampton. We stopped in twice for a glass of wine and then brought our soldier back for dinner. It's very rare that I am willing to give any restaurant an 'excellent' overall rating or review - but Rinie's deserves it. Great staff, great food with good portions and a quiet environment if you are seeking to have some quality time with child or spouse away from the base and have no interest in fast food.

• Liked — Cleanliness and hotel staff service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank johnamyallison
Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2008

This is a standard Hampton Inn. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We thought it was a little overpriced for the area.

• Stayed May 2008
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I am a Hilton Gold and usually prefer the Hampton Inns in the small towns. This is a lovely location and property. It is new, clean, bright and modern. Each room has an exhaust fan in it that is permanently ON. I am a very light sleeper and taped a hand towel over the vent and closed the bathroom door. I could still hear the fan. The staff immediately offered to switch me to another room but the fan noise was in each of them. Just a dull hum. It is probably just me,as there were plenty of other guests there and they seemed happy. I need a quiet room, as I stay 75 nights per year in hotels and clean and quiet are my 2 top issues, so this would not be my first hotel choice for Lawton. If it were not for the noise, I would have been quite happy! I spent the previous night at the Holiday Inn Express and that would be where I would stay in the future.

Stayed April 2008
Big Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at this very clean hotel.
The staff was very friendly.
We loved the indoor pool and hot tub.

• Liked — I felt very safe here. The bed was nice and big, sofa bed for the kids.
  • Disliked — I am a very cheap person, so the price was more that I really wanted to pay- but I would pay it again.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Columbia, MD
Reviewed January 25, 2008

Familiar with Hampton Inns and their amenities, we chose this one to stay in for our son's graduation from Basic Combat Training at Ft. Sill. It's an easy drive about 10 minutes from the main Key gate. The hotel is set back behind a Golden Corral. There was no traffic noise and the area was very quiet.
The front desk and breakfast staff were very friendly and accommodating. I reserved online 4 weeks in advance for 4 adults (2 adults, 2 teens) and we were given a handicapped-access room which afforded us extra space in the room and bathroom. We were very grateful for this!
The complementary breakfast fare was the usual but decent (except the pseudo-eggs on Saturday) and offered choices for all of us. Fruit, coffee and tea are available 24/7; it was very nice coming "home" and savoring a cup of tea or coffee to relax or grabbing an apple to eat with some peanut butter from the breakfast concessions for a healthy snack.
A special request for a cot for one evening for our soldier was filled quickly, and fit nicely into the large room. Our room was cleaned quickly and completely. We were in and out frequently and never walked back into an uncleaned room.
The pool area and jacuzzi were very clean and comfortable. Our family enjoyed these amenities very much.
I believe there is good value in Hampton Inns and choose to stay there whenever possible when traveling with kids/teens, because for us economy with quality is an important issue.

• Liked — Proximity to destination; cleanliness; friendliness
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Softballmom29
Medina, NY
Reviewed December 29, 2007

I think this was the best hotel I have ever stayed in! Everything was clean and beautiful. We went to watch our son graduate from Fort Sill and the reviews for this hotel caught our eye. The pool was great as was the hot tub. The room was spacious. The couple at the front desk on the afternoon shift were the best. The gentleman was a veteran of Fort Sill and gave us directions around Fort Sill and suggested places to see and eat. I can't say enough about this hotel experience. It should receive 10 stars!

• Liked — Everything!!!
  • Disliked — No sign out by the road showing where the hotel was located.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business