“100% satisfaction guarantee- not”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lawton
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed October 18, 2007

Although the quality of the room was excellent, I had two main complaints: 1) I asked the desk clerk if the hotel honored government rates- they said yes but quoted a rate of $90 a night- the gov. rate for Lawton, TX is $70 a night, not $90- this can be confirmed by viewing the Federal government per diem rates at [--], and 2) I stayed for 2 nights and in both nights I was awakened by kids on the floor above me running back and forth in the room. I filed a complaint but the running only stopped at midnight and I was unable to get back to sleep except about 4 hrs. each night. The hotel claimined a 100% satisfaction guarantee and my stay certainly did not meet such a high standard- I will not return to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2007

Reviewed September 10, 2007

EXCELLENT hotel! Sparkling clean and extremely comfortable. The staff was professional, friendly, and very helpful. Morning breakfast was very good. The manager (Barry) was very knowledgeable in pointing out good places to eat. Overall, just a terrific experience.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed August 19, 2007

When I first booked a room at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Lawton, OK, I was not expecting much. However, this hotel exceeded my expectations. You can definitely tell that this is a newer hotel. My room was very large with a couch. The bed was very comfortable and the amenities were better than most Hamptons. They also do things that other Hamptons don't do. For example, they have a "manager's reception" Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They also have a little shop area where you can buy soda and candy. The breakfast area was a nice size so I didn't feel cramped like I do at other places and could actually relax and enjoy my breakfast. The service was great and they seemed to be very accomodating. I would definitely stay here again if I had to go back to Lawton, OK.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2007

When my mother and I checked in the man told us they had a suite and one more room with 2 king beds which he said they would give to us at the rate of double bed room which we missed getting by just seconds...of course we took it! My mother and I BOTH heard 2 King beds. We got to our room ONE BED!
I called the desk and he was like OH no ma'am I said just ONE. But isn't the room just GORGEOUS? It was nice but not GORGEOUS! Then we did hardly get any sleep due to something such as the laundromat or some other room below which kept kicking on an extremely loud motor of some sort, it was NOT the a/c either...if you stay at this place DO NOT get room 223...apparently this is why it is the last to go. The bathrooms are the nicest part of the rooms.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank leighannie
Reviewed October 29, 2006

After a horrible experience with a hotel not so far down the road, I came to the Hampton Inn & Suites. I was incredibly impressed with the warm reception we received. The receptionist gave us 100% of her attention and courtesy and vowed to make our stay better than the last hotel we'd booked. They sure held up to the deal! We were greeted every time we left/entered the hotel. The breakfast they gave was delicious every morning. The room was above clean and comfortable, with big fluffy comforters, a lumbar pillow, and overstuffed, firm pillows. This hotel continuously exceeded my expectations. I will never go back to Lawton, OK due to the horrible customer service and attitudes I received elsewhere, but if I had to come back, I'd definately choose the Hampton to ease the nerves, calm my senses, and pamper to my every need from a hotel. This was just an awesome experience.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2006

I have to say that my family was really thrilled with the Hampton Inn Lawton. We had a large group for a reunion and had no major problems, which is unusual considering how many of us there were.

The hotel was built recently, so everything is clean and brand new. The common areas are well maintained, they have a generous buffet breakfast and good coffee all day long (!!). The rooms were spacious and they have the souped-up beds that are so popular these days - ie layers of cushioning and comfortable, variable density pillows. We also loved the little touches of interesting art and photography around the hotel. For once we found a hotel with a gym is well equipped with new machines and ample towels - unusual these days.

We were very pleased with the service. Generally we don't expect anything but a clean room but the staff were very attentive and helpful to us and made an effort to make our visit special.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank todobem
A TripAdvisor Member
seattle, wa
Reviewed June 5, 2006

I understand when certain needs cannot be meet, but in this situation I felt no effort was made for my family to be near each other. My dying mother and I were put on one end of the hotel and my children and grandchildren on another floor at the other end. I had requested and thought I had reserved and confirmed twice adjoining rooms stating the needs of my Mother who has only months to live. I took the rooms we were given with much distress. The following day I again requested to be moved closer to my children. When we returned from a family reunion we had been moved to the same floor still at the other end of the hotel. The trek back and forth down the long hallway past the front dest became stressful having to endure the glare from the front dest staff. The room next to ours was empty and it was for the disabled, I went to the front desk and asked to purchase that room in additon to the rooms I already had and was told they would not move or change the reservation for that room. At no time did we hear or see anyone check into that room. Even though the Hotel reimbursed me for two nights stay, I fell they can never give me back the precious time I lost with my family not being together. I will never be a patron of this hotel ar any Hilton because of the treatment I recieved from the staff at this particular Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2006