“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Chillicothe, Texas
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel was a pleasure...from the immaculate room and comfy bed to the friendly staff to the good breakfast. We were only here one night, but we thoroughly enjoyed the brief vacation. It is well-located with easy access to local points of interest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucrown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Although, I have yet to stay at this Holiday Inn, I recently had sent an email inquiry about their property & received a very useful response in under a minute! Incredibly, impressed! If anyone is wondering, Yes, you can send mail to guests staying there just simply address them by name.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Harker Heights, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This facility is as good as any Holiday Inn from the lobby to the rooms. However, I've stayed at another Holiday Inn 45 minutes down the road in Altus and it is even better. The faults I find with this commercial brand hotel is that the beds are too soft and mobile for a nearly new facility and more importantly the bed sheets are too small. Very little movement is required to have all the ends coming to the middle. This is not typical of this chain. This
Otherwise, I like that they have an automatic pancake maker in the lobby for their complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Always go for the top floor in a hotel so as to avoid hearing the "pitter patter" of someo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gunnerpa V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Gunnerpa V,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the facilities on offer. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the bed conditions may have caused you. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My youngest daughter was married in Lawton, Oklahoma last Saturday, October 12. We needed a number of rooms and booked 4 using Hotwire. My wife and I arrived earlier on Wednesday, October 2 and our reservations were until Monday, October 10. Our customer experience at this hotel was horrible. When I brought my concerns directly to the front desk staff and the GM they stated since I was a Hotwire customer their hands were tied. I booked via Hotwire, but the problems with this hotel cannot be blamed on Hotwire.

When my wife, daughter (23 yrs old) and I checked-in to the hotel, our room had 2 queen size beds. This was great for us. The following day we had family arriving from Omaha, Nebraska which included my 75 year old mother-in-law, her 77 year old sister, my aunt’s son and his wife. When we attempted to checked-in for our other 3 rooms at 4:30 in the afternoon, all rooms had 1 king size bed in them and had not been cleaned. Putting 4 grown adults in 1 king size bed was not going to work. I understand since the room had a fold-out bed this was acceptable accommodations for 4 persons. I slept on one of these fold out beds one evening and it was old, stained and extremely uncomfortable. To properly accommodate these family members, I moved out of my room so they could have 2 beds to sleep in. My 2 bed room had not been cleaned nor had the 3 rooms with king size beds. The hotel stated they did not have enough cleaning staff that day. Check-in time was 3pm and these rooms were not cleaned until 6pm. This incident caused us to arrive late for a dinner celebration at my daughter's future in-laws.

One of our 4 rooms (the bride’s room) would be given up on Saturday by noon. My wife and I spoke to the front desk clerk on Friday night asking which room would be the best and easiest to check-out of. We wanted to be sure there would be no problems the following day since this was my daughter’s wedding day and we wanted everything to run smoothly. The clerk said it would be better to move out of my room again. I moved out of my room on Saturday morning, the day of my daughter’s wedding. It was inconvenient but I did it. After the wedding reception we arrived back at the hotel and my oldest daughter, her husband and my 11 month old grandson were locked out of their room. The front desk staff informed them they had to move into the room I had just moved out of that day. He said if they didn’t move out they would be charged full price for the room. Hotel staffers stated since I used Hotwire there was nothing I could do and I had to move rooms. They stated if I had paid a higher $85/night wedding party group rate or full price they could help me. They made me feel like a second rate citizen since I used Hotwire. I had to argue with the GM to keep my daughter, son-in-law and my 11 month old grandson in their room. This incident kept me and my wife from spending time that evening watching my daughter and new son-in-law open their wedding presents at the in-laws. They had an early morning flight so they could honeymoon in Seattle, Washington. My daughter and son-in-law’s time is precious because he has to report for military duty this week at Fort Hood, Texas. He is a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army.

After Saturday night’s incident were were constantly being locked out of my room and my daughter’s and son-in-law’s room. During the morning the key cards would work and after 12 noon they would not work.

When we checked out of the hotel Sunday at noon, the staff were cleaning the tile floors in the lobby with soap and lots of water. The floor was extremely slippery. Who does this kind of thing? My wife almost fell getting out of the elevator.

Many reviewers refer to the bed sheet problem. All 4 rooms had the same problem.

Mr. GM, please have Premier Hospitality Management's CEO contact me to discuss my concerns. You have my information on file.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank rrodriguez38
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear rrodriguez38,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Lawton hotels

Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We visited for my son's graduation from basic training. It was a very positive experience overall. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Shaffer6
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am writing this review after my first week of a seven week stay. The staff does a very good job of maintaining the standard you would expect from a Holiday Inn. The hot breakfast is much better than many of the other lodging establishment I have experienced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Catherine H
Clint C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Catherine H,

Thank you for such kind words about your experience so far at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lawton, Oklahoma! On behalf of the entire team, I want to say thank you and welcome to Lawton! I appreicate your feedback and am so happy to hear you're stay is going well. Should you have any needs or questions during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 580-248-4446 or lawton@premierhotels.us.

Again, thank you so much for your review and for your business.

Regards,

Clint
GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Sabrina is a great housekeeper. Our room was clean, she was always helpful with getting toiletries n towels. Sabrina was also very courteous n respectful. The folks at the front desk were very helpful and courteous as well.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Booper73
Clint C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Booper73,

Thank you first of all for taking the time to write up a review on TripAdvisor! We appreicate the feedback. Your comments about our housekeeper are very kind and I will pass them along to her and the rest of the team.

I am happy to hear you had a positive experience while at the hotel. On behalf of the entire team and Holiday Inn Express & Suites brand, we look forward to seeing you again soon in one of the Holiday Inn family of hotels.

Regards,