“Korean food in Lawton!”

Add it.
Kimchi Garden
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Very authentic and very good!
We couldn't believe it when we saw a Korean place in Lawton and had to stop. The service was fine and the food great. We were three grown men and we couldn't eat it all.
Recommended.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been dying to eat some good Korean food since I arrived in Lawton and friends recommended Kimchi Garden.

At first, when I walked in, I thought it was a bar and to be honest, I might go back because the karaoke setup is awesome. At any rate, the restaurant distinctly smells and feels like a Korean restaurant. I felt like I was transported back in time to when I was stationed in Korea. It was comforting.

The waitress - a sweet old woman at that - greeted my husband and I and seated us quickly. She offered us a drink and I had the green tea while my husband ordered water. It is a small space in which to eat so when other customers came in I thought we might have to share our table but somehow other customers left in time so it worked out that we each had our own table.

My husband ordered the Squid Stir Fry and I ordered the Bimbimbap in the Stone Pot. We LOVED our main entrees. My husband said the squid was of good quality and that the sauce was really flavorful. I think this is the best bimbimbap that I have had state-side in a very long time. It was hot but also, very savory and satisfying. To top it off, the stone pot continued to cook the rice so it created a crispy texture (not to the point of burning) to a layer of the rice which, when you mix it all up, was a great blend of flavor and textures.

The only reason I did not give Kimchi Garden a top-notch rating is the fact that the kimchi itself was awful. I thought that if the name was "Kimchi Garden" then the kimchi would be fresh and no matter which type - cucumber, cabbage, radish, etc - it would be crispy and delicious. Instead, it tasted old and most likely, recycled. It was quite possibly the WORST kimchi I have ever had and I have had some pretty foul stuff.

If she can produce better kimchi, then Kimchi Garden would deserve 5 stars in my book.

1  Thank CarolineS1978