“Lawton, OK Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel was very well maintained, the staff was very helpful and the accommodations were great overall. We were snowed in the area and had to extend out stay due to cancelled flights. The whole staff was very helpful. One specific person named ShaNetta Moore was very helpful, courteous and friendly. Being delayed due to weather is not fun, but seeing ShaNetta each day and all the help she provided made the problems melt away!!! She is the bomb.com!!
We could always count on her to have the answers to questions and was very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Tina M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We appreciate you choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Lawton! Sha'Netta is definitely a great addition to our team here and I will make sure to let her know about your GREAT feedback! Have a wonderful New Year!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was not looking forward to my recent trip to Lawton. I lived there for 10 years and I pretty much knew what the town had to offer me. When I checked into the front desk Sha'Netta was very friendly and polite. We spoke throughout my stay and she even tried to convince me that the Oklahoma City Thunder are a good team lol. Of course I had to give her a hard time about that. With people like her working at the hotel I will not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Tina M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

It was a pleasure to host you on your return to Lawton! Sha'Netta, being new to our team, has definitely brought a great personality and special style to our front desk. As with all of our associates here, ensuring your stay is great, is our number ONE priority! Hope your next trip to your new extended Lawton Hospitality Family is not so long. Safe Travels and Happy Holidays to you!

By the Way-Go Thunder!!! : )

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The staff here was phenomenal (Sah' Netta in particular!) She got us towels, offered lots of visitor resources, complimented our hair :), fixed a treadmill that shorted out, etc. She even called us a few hours after check in to see if we liked our room! What a gem. :) She made this stay a fun one.

Room Tip: All rooms seems to have been updated, but those with just 2 double beds were a bit snug. I'd go...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Tina M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and tell us how great your stay was! Sha'Netta is new to our family and we would could not be more pleased. I will be sharing your comments with her and our entire staff. Remember you are always welcome back to your FFIS-Lawton home.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I'm in town on business and needed a room for about 20 nights, The front desk attendant ShaNetta Moore was especially helpful in making sure that my stay here would be a comfortable one, she checked in with me to make sure I was satisfied with my room, and provided me with some good advice on restaurants and other things to do in the city. Thanks again ShaNetta.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Tina M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your appreciation to our newest member Sha'Netta. She is very dedicated as we all are to help our guests get around our great Lawton City! Feel free to come and visit your home away from home again. -Your Extended Family Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I wanted to extend my sincere thanks to Bridgette who works at the from desk. We had booked a room for 2 nights for the Thanksgiving holiday to visit family. Priceline booked the wrong nights and we didn't know about it until we were on our way to Lawton. We called Priceline concerning the error and asked if we could move the dates to the correct ones we originally requested. Priceline stated policy and refused to work with us. When we arrived at the hotel, we explained our situation to the night time desk agent. He stated that he was bound by the policies of Priceline and couldn't do anything. He did offer us a lower rate to stay and to let the desk know if we were interested. The next morning as we were checking out, Bridgett inquired about what happened. We explained our situation and to my surprise, she got on the phone with the General Manager. She explained the situation and was able to comp our room so we stayed the two nights we paid for. Bridgett showed compassion and the spirit of anyone who works within the hospitality industry. Often acts of compassion are left unnoticed and it is my duty to let others know how wonderful Bridgette was. The hotel was absolutely wonderful, the breakfast was often. I appreciate everyone on the staff for the wonderful service especially during thanksgiving. To the GM. I hope you read this to your staff and let Bridgette know she is a rare find. Thanks to all of you and I look forward to staying here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caveman7570
Tina M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

I am so pleased you took the time to reach out and share your experience with our Front Desk Attendant Bridgette. We too appreciate her and all the hard work she does here. Our Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton Family always want to ensure you have the best stay with us. I have indeed printed this out and will be sharing with our staff. Thanks again for taking the time to share this and know that FFIS-Lawton can always be your home away from home!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stay was OK...nothing fancy. Decor is a bit outdated-art-deco; breakfast was OK & convenient. Staff allowed us to use the dining area for our entertainment and for pizza delivery. Room was clean only upon entering. The next day our bathroom was not cleaned--towels were still hanging on the shower curtain rod. Upon arriving back to the room the following night...our entire room wasn't made up. When we asked for fresh towels, a woman from the front desk quickly brought new towels but proceeded to argue to the point of yelling with us that the "Do Not Disturb" sign was posted--which it wasn't...we never use those signs!!! The attitude that the customer is always right and the concept of customer satisfaction was obviously absent with her. We must have interrupted her cigarette break at the front entrance!!! Not too cool having to walk into the hotel through a cloud of smoke--BEWARE.

The building must have issues with the hot water system. Several members of my party complained of the loooooonnnnngggg wait (about 5 minutes) for hot water in the shower and the shower water controls were poorly functioning.

Marriott doesn't do a good job in Lawton...staying at one of the neighboring hotels for the next military function at Fort Sill. The Springhill Suites next door is extremely poorly managed--avoid that one too!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Tina M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

I want to thank you so much for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites-Lawton for your travel needs. I apologize and can understand the frustration in regards to the room issues you encountered. We are currently investigating the issue and appreciate you bringing these to our attention. It really helps when loyal guests relay how their stay with us, as it helps us improve. Please feel free to reach out to our management staff personally with any further feedback in regards to your stay with us.

Office 580-248-5500

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My family and I were in town for my Uncle's funeral... Once the hotel found out they gave us a sympathy card. The staff is very friendly and made our family feel welcome during our time of bereavement. If I ever go back to Lawton, I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

It was so wonderful to hear your stay with us was pleasant! We do strive to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and given the best service. Hope your travels bring you to us again. Your new extended Family-Fairfield Inn & Suites Lawton!