All reviews cracker barrel room was clean air conditioner parking lot desk staff great customer service outdoor pool lobby elevator casino
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have stayed in many of the properties in Lawton and this is a decent choice. It is clean but not particularly somewhere you want to spend a lot of time. If you do not have a car the only food choice is Cracker Barrel.

It is in the same area as the Holiday inn Express, Comfort Suites, Springhill and the new Homewood suites. Plan to wait a long time for the one elevator. This property serves the purpose but won't really leave an impression.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The room was excellent, but the door to room 307 was very difficult to open and to pull to lock. Even though I reported it and "a work order was written", it was not any better on the second day. Therefore, the only problem I had at this hotel was maintenance.

The breakfast is nothing extra. They do have a waffle machine, juices, and coffee as well as cereal, but that is about all. I may or may not decide to return.

Room Tip: Any room except 307
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TCregular
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We jsut got back from a trip for my brother's military graduation. Hotel was clean and rooms were good. Hotel was close to Ft. Sill and several restaurants. There is a Cracker Barrel about a parking lot away. Service was just fine.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AngieRoberson
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I have to say, having read one or two reviews of this place made me leery. BUT I am glad to report, the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Lawton, Oklahoma is one of THE best places I've ever stayed. By that, I mean, it is clean, it is friendly, it is attentive, it is so fast at fixing or repairing or meeting any of your needs and requests, that you feel absolutely like the most important guest at the hotel. The hairdryer didn't work and in 5 minutes, a brand new unit was at our door. The bathtub /shower little mechanism that you pull up had broken so they replaced the whole nozzle in a few hours. We had a question about the refrigerator but the maintenance man demonstrated the controls. EVERY request we had was met with immediate results. Our soldier son graduated from Basic Training and got to stay with us on a weekend pass. The sheets and blankets and pillow and towels were ready and waiting for us when we asked for them an hour ahead. When our return from Oklahoma to Boston was delayed by Hurricane Irene, the Fairfield Inn met our needs with their compassion and interest in our plight. We stayed in the same lovely King wi/pull-out Queen sofabed / microwave/coffeemaker/tiny fridge room. The whole experience was wonderful. The staff was knowledgeable about whenever we asked, "where should we go to eat?" and they had xerox'ed maps they would carefully explain to us for anything we needed. The staff is incredibly friendly and supportive and professional. The Fairfield Inn is situated in an excellent location if you need to go to Fort Sill or to almost anywhere in Lawton. The Cracker Barrel is a 3 minute walk if you feel like you need to go there. The Sonic Burger place is 4 minutes drive down the road. Otherwise, the breakfasts at the Fairfield are wonderful "do-it-choose-it-yourself" buffets of microwaved Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits, cereals, make your own Sunday waffles, a toaster for bagels, toast, English muffins, jams, yogurts, fruits, coffee, tea, cocoa, and OJ. Coffee and Tea are available 24 hours / day. The internet connection and guest-accessible computer and printer in the little "business center" were a God-send to me when I needed to figure out new flights when Hurricane Irene cancelled ours and we ended up staying a few extra days in Lawton. The Fairfield Inn was a wonderful surprise. I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as we did. What more could you want?!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

It is unlikely we will be back to Lawton anytime soon, as we were there for an Army Basic Training graduation, but for those who travel to Lawton or have business at Ft. Sill, it is a very nice place to stay. The breakfast (included) has a lot of choices, the desk staff is very nice and very helpful, there are fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies every afternoon,m and coffee/tea/hot chocolate 24/7. They also have a little shop where you can buy foods to microwave that is really convenient, and they are right next to I-44 and only about ten minutes from the airport and Ft. Sill. Not too far to restaurants either. Decent pool and hot tub (though it was way too hot in OK in August to use it). Exceeded our expectations and they were very good about letting us have a late check out. Internet is free. The only things we didn't like is the Air Conditioner -- a bit noisy and hard to adjust -- and not having an in-room fridge. But the positives FAR outweigh the negatives.

Room Tip: All the rooms are decent; traffic isn't bad enough to warrant asking for a room away from the road. All are good!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family