All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanair conditionerparking lotdesk staffgreat customer serviceoutdoor poollobbyelevatorcasino
Reviewed October 6, 2007

My fiance and I traveled to Oklahoma to attend my son's graduation from basic training at Ft. Sill. After reviewing other properties in the area, since I've had a favorable experience at a Fairfield Inn before and the value was great I booked it.

I called the property several times to make sure they wouldn't give away our room because we had major problems with our Budget rental at OKC airport. They were cordial, helpful and assured me that our reservation would be fine.

(NOTE: If you are not familiar with the area, MAPQUEST or YAHOOMaps your trip beforehand. We received conflicting directions from all!)

Upon arrival, I found out that there was not a king-size bed or a high-floor reserved for us (as I requested) but the front desk staff was more than happy to accomodate us (in an ADA room) with a king-size bed. The downside: no microwave or fridge, but since our room was down the hallway from the 1st floor kitchen, there was a microwave and the front desk person (Malcolm is GREAT!) put my soy milk away for me in the staff fridge.

The front desk staff was always helpful, attentive and friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in making our stay pleasant no matter how busy they were or how small the question was.

As for breakfast, continental was an understatement! The choices were plentiful: biscuits and a big vat of gravy, various cereals/oatmeal, fresh coffee and a variety of teas, yogurts, juices, egg sandwiches, breads, pb+j, danishes and doughnuts, and a waffle iron. If you're a vegetarian (or a vegan) you might have a problem, otherwise, there's lots to choose from. I would've appreciated a fruit salad but hey, there were apples, oranges and some very unripe bananas as fruit options.

1st ding: there was a dead bug underneath our bathroom sink. I was soooo tired upon arrival that I decided not to report it as I figured the maintenance staff would clean it the following day. They didn't.

2nd ding: Not only was the bug still there but the trash bin located in the room itself was not emptied. We had a few remnants of breakfast and judging from the size of the bugs in Oklahoma, it most certainly should have been emptied!

Overall, our stay was great save the two dings above. My suggestion to those reading this review: make sure to address any inadequacies in room maintenance immediately.

Pluses: the hotel is located just behind a police headquarters and there's a Cracker Barrel within walking distance to the hotel. And although Ft. Sill may only be 10 minutes away, remember that Ft. Sill is 50 square miles and with security checkpoints, add at least 20 minutes onto your drive.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2007

When I walked in the woman, the assistant-manager, at the reception was not in a happy mood, or to say better, a bit unfriendly. It was in deep contrast with all the other employees who work in this hotel. The head of housekeeping accompanied me when I wanted to have a look at their suites. She was a very nice person, the rest of the housekeeping staff as well.

The suite is very nice with lots of space, modern decorated, with a lovely seating area, two TV-sets, working desk with chair, refrigerator, microwave, coffee/tea facilities, good bathroom and so on. It wasn’t ready yet, but they all worked hard to get it clean in a short time.

In the lobby there is free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The business center is also located in the lobby, with a computer and printer.

Breakfast was good. The only problem, but that is not the fault of the hotel, is that there were no luggage trolleys available in the morning. There are two, but other guests did not bring them back. We had to go up and down a few times from our room to our car with all our baggage. The woman at the reception (another person than the one who checked me in) did her best to get the trolleys (they must have been out of sight in the rooms) and apologized a few times to me and other guests for this problem.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BA-traveler
Reviewed August 18, 2006

My 4 friends and I traveled from Tampa, Florida to Lawton for a funeral. After being in a car for 25 hours, the Fairfield Inn was a welcomed sight! We had a room with 2 doubles and a sofa sleeper. The beds were extremely comfortable with 4 pillows on each bed. The dresser/armoir had a pillow and blankets for the pullout, which turned out to be very comfortable as well. Large clean bathroom, 2 TV's, mini fridge, microwave.

Very nice breakfast in the morning with bagels, muffins, cereal, waffle maker, milk, juice, coffee. Nice eating area with tables, sofa, large screen TV. Very clean. There is also a Craker Barrel within walking distance.

The wife of our friend who had died had unforseen travel problems and could not check into the hotel on Ft. Sill as planned. The lady at the front desk said no problem and set her and her mother and son up in a room next to ours, and 11:00 that night.

Once the staff found out we were all in town for a funeral, they went above and beyond our expectations. Since the funeral was at 11:00 & internement 1:00, they offered a late check out time of 2:00, which they would extend further if needed. They also hand deivered sympathy cards to both our rooms, which had been signed by all the staff members.

I would definantly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank duckadoodle
Reviewed March 21, 2005

My expectations are never very high at Fairfield, so this one really surprised me. Everything looked brand new and the service was very friendly. The rooms are a little on the small side, but they're clean and nicely furnished. The A/C, which runs on a wall-mounted thermostat, was awesome. The breakfast area includes a waffle machine. If waffles aren't your thing, there is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance. The only minor problems I had were a slightly mildewy shower curtain and a Kleenex box that was empty throughout my stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank Marc T
Reviewed August 24, 2004

I stayed with my 19 year old son at the Fairfield Inn/Mariott in Lawton, OK, for two nights during the second week of August '04 while in town for my oldest son's graduation from ARMY Basic Training at Fort Sill. The hotel was excellent and superior to all others that I researched in preparation for my visit. I was not dissappointed with the courteous staff, quietness and cleanliness of the hotel or rooms, the added amenities in the rooms to make me feel like I was at home...with two large screen TV's, stereo, microwave, large refrigerator, coffee maker..... safeness and well lit outside parking area, and the all inclusive healthy breakfast items available to all hotel guests just off the lobby area in the morning. My son used the fitness room daily to work out later in the evening and took a dip in the outside pool to cool off.
The only thing that I found negative about the hotel was the switch in my reservation needs that were specified at my self booking of the room through the Marriott 1-800 number a week and a half before my arrival and then verified/confirmed by e-mail. I was to have two beds and a sleeper/ couch in my suite for my son and I. Upon arrrival into the room, I found a king bed and a sleeper couch which did not have bedding. With a quick call to the front desk we decided to keep the room since the hotel was pretty full, and then housekeeping delivered the needed bedding within 10 minutes. Even though we had two separate sleeping pieces of furniture in the suite, the use of the sleeper couch for relaxing was limited for sitting on when it was pulled out for resting /sleeping by my son. We did not realize how inconvenient the arrangement of depending on the couch for a bed as well as seating would be until later in the evening and in the morning when my son and I were keeping different time schedules in the suite. The stay was only for two days, so we adjusted our needs to fit our schedules, and will make sure that in our future stays at Marriotts, that the accommodations are as we agreed to initially at the time we enter the room and not learn later of how we had to change our coming and goings to suit the arrangements.
The Marriott chain is known for their quality and I will not let this room arrangement experience hinder my patronage of their hotels in the future.

• Stayed: August 2004