“My Army grad visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Lawton
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“My Army grad visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised about how comfortable my stay was here. The facility was fairly new and the staff was friendly! The hotel is about 15 min from the airport and 10 min from the closest shopping mall! We had breakfast tickets for every morning and the food was delicious! The casino was nice and clean, but some of the tables weren't always open when I wanted to play! My only complaints are that they only have an outdoor pool and the room did not have a refrigerator in. Overall, I had a great stay at the Apache Casino Hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank DavisaB
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Please tell your Army Grad, Thank you for their service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel is exceptional. The casino experience was a blast. Got to spend the weekend with family. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the hot tub. Will absolutely be back. The staff is friendly and accommodating. We listened to an awesome jazz band in the casino. Just a happy experience.

Room Tip: This hotel/casino is called the happy place. I agree.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Honeydoc
Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best hotel that Lawton has to offer, I'm sure. When you walk in to your right is the casino and check in is to the left. You have a convenient business center location right by check in (I didn't have to go to floor number whatever to find it). There's also a cozy seating area with a glass fireplace that creates the right ambiance when you walk in.

The checkin process was pretty seamless. The guy at the front desk wasn't super friendly like you get at most check ins but he wasn't rude by any means.

Now, for the room. I had the standard king room. It was very spacious and modern. The sheets felt great and two Andies mints were left on the bed. There's a guide on the the tv instead of the print out sheet which is just another step of convenience for me! The bathroom has a walk in shower that was spacious as well. I'm not usually a fan of the commentary products, but these were nice and smelled good. To top it off I received a USA today newspaper complementary at my door.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ahodge2525
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay! Please come see us again soon! Thanks!
lubbock,tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our second time to stay here. We had an offer for a free night and on the spur of the moment on a Friday we decided to go to the Apache Casino. With a expectation of getting a room at the last minute, we decided to try before finding other accommodations. To our surprise, they were able to put us up on short notice! We were given a king room and it was great. Rooms are very large and nicely furnished. Bathrooms are huge and have a glass shower. Despite people coming and going all night long it was quiet with very little noise other than the occasional door closing. The one thing that sets his place apart is the staff. Everyone from the pickup man in the parking lot to the desk staff, slot staff, maintenance staff, cashiers and valets are as friendly as you could hope for. All of them greet you and wish you luck and it never seems forced. The management are to be commended for the caliber of personnel they have and they attitude that they display. This alone is a reason to return. As for the casino, even on a Friday night and Saturday we found it enjoyable and never had any problem playing. We won some lost some but more importantly, we had fun which is why we go. If you are in this area I would highly recommend you try this place out and I would encourage the staff to keep doing what they are doing because it works!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Texas_Bubba
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Happy you enjoyed your stay and great customer service! See you again soon!
Lawton, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was really apposed to staying in a hotel so close to home but they were so proud of it and I haven't stayed before so we gave it a try. I was totally blown away, the service, the room was great, the view of the mountains as the sun was going down, two rooms to entertain the reunion folks, two separate bathrooms. The Horseshoe in Louisiana doesn't have anything on the Apache Hotel.

Room Tip: Get to know the employee's they are the friendliest I've ever met. Gamble a little and have...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We are happy you chose us as your place to Eat, Play and Stay! Come again soon!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights and loved it. I had previously preferred the Choctaw at Durant, but this is now my favorite hotel. The casino at Durant is better and there are more restaurant choices at Durant but the food is excellent at the Apache. I would really like to see them develop there concert venue as that is one place where The Choctaw has them totally beat, but for just the hotel I prefer the Apache! Great hotel!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Glad you enjoyed your stay! I will pass the suggestion for a concert venue to our Executive team. Come see us again soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've never stayed at a Casino Hotel, as I don't really gamble, but hey, what a way to be able to LEGALLY smoke a good cigar inside! (the casino part, that is)
The hotel is very clean and the rooms nice. The staff all were very friendly. One of the maintenance men chatted me up briefly in the elevator - all very nice and courteous.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting a nice room with all the nightlife that can be offered in the Lawton/Ft. Sill area.

Room Tip: We had a view of the room, on the east side...........try and get a room with at least SOME view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy to hear we made your stay great! We try our best to accommodate gamblers and non-gamblers!