“Excellent Customer Service!”

Apache Casino Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for business and could not have been more pleased with the accommodations and tremendous customer service shown by the well trained staff. It is very refreshing to see happy employees and great pride they show in there new hotel. Keep up the good work and we will see you next time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill Z
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay during your business trip! Come see us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I heard about this property from some gamblers at another little casino near by. A man said he had stayed 3 days and wanted to move in! There is a gas fireplace (enclosed) that even in the summer, makes the ambience so relaxing and inviting. Can't wait to see it at Christmas! We were greeted outside by a friendly gentleman in a golf cart wondering if we needed a ride to our car. The room wasn't ready at check in so Darby, the desk lady, gave us a late check out. Their bath products are great! They are blood orange and olive oil and smell great! It is clean and comfy and the beds are like pillows in a cloud. Most comfy I've ever slept on. Would love to know what kind they are. Enjoyed the gaming. Even got a few dollars here and there. We had a bad experience with someone on the phone from the players club who gave us a wrong name and the casino host, Jeff, apologized and was attentive to correct things. I asked Teresa, the night desk lady for another lotion and she gave me littles samples of other toiletries which was a nice surprise. Little treats like that make a visit just so much more enjoyable. Their 360 restaurant had steak and lobster for 15.99. Nice way to end the evening! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. I've loved Choctaw in Durant as my number one place but think this one took over. Thanks for a great visit guys!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank diane l

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Sounds like you had a great time!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Apache Casino Hotel for 3 nights while visiting family on the 19th-22nd of August. The hotel is nice and modern, but not too big which I like. Staff was very friendly and the room we stayed in was nice, clean and comfortable. The bed/bedding/pillows were the best part of the stay. It was very soft and comfortable and the quality was great. The bathroom was very nice and clean. We had the walk in shower which was cool. The toiletries they had in there were pretty good. Not your average cheap toiletries that you get at other hotels.The pool area was a bit on the smaller side, but nice. My kids had fun swimming. The casino was a pretty decent size. I'm not much of a gambler so I can't really give my opinion on it. My only cons about the hotel is that I wish it had a mini fridge in the room for us to use and that my husband had some problems with his order at the snack bar. He made an order and paid and was waiting quite a while. He noticed that people that came in after him were getting their orders first, so he went to see what was going on, and they didn't even start on his order yet. I think they forgot abut his order which is unacceptable. He had to wait some more and was pretty upset when he came back up to the room. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will be making plans to stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Colleen E
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Sorry about the problems with the Snack Bar. I have talked to the Food and Beverage Management team about this. Glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. See you again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We spent a couple of nights at the Apache Casino Hotel the week of August 5, 2013 while attending our son's graduation from Basic Training at nearby Fort Sill. I'd never been to Oklahoma and did not have high expectations regarding hotel accomodations going in. The wife picked the hotel based on pricing and the fact that it had a casino. Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice, modern, new (about a year old) hotel. The lobby was nice, not overly flashy, and easy to navigate. We had arrived a couple of hours early and were a little bit fried from the long flight into Dallas followed by the long drive to Lawton, but the friendly front desk staff was able to accommodate us and got us into a room right away. The room (standard with two queens) was quite large as was the bathroom. I especially liked the extra "slide-out" table located under the desk as it was nice for spreading out our stuff (mainly snacks and drinks). The mattresses, though clean and new, were a bit too soft for my taste. The rooms overall were quite clean and being new, did not show signs of wear and tear. A small refrigerator would have been nice, but we just got some ice in the ice bucket and stuck our sodas in that to keep them cool. Staff in general was quite pleasant and made the effort to acknowledge and greet you at every chance.

Room came with breakfast (buffet) and included an omelette station which. The food was adequate -- nothing to write home about, but it got the job done. Wait help was attentive.

The adjacent casino was pretty amusing. Very interesting mixture of folks in there from sketchy looking sorts to blue-haired retirees to wannabe glamour girls which altogether made people watching (while sitting at the myriad machines) quite interesting. Drinks weren't exactly cheap, but not bad priced compared to Vegas. The snack shop in there was reasonably priced and quick. Place got packed on Friday night and the live music was actually pretty good. All in all I found the atmosphere there entertaining (we also made a couple hundred bucks off of the slots!).

Don't bother with the valet parking (even though it's free) -- the hotel parking lot is about 50' from the front door of the hotel and the valet seems to be off doing errands rather than hanging around the front door. You'll spend more time waiting around versus walking another 50' out into the parking lot.

Only (slight) downer was when we slept in a little late one day, housekeeping passed-up our room and forgot to come back later. Not a big deal for us as we're not overly messy people. A phone call to the front desk brought an immediate reaction as someone from housekeeping ran up with fresh towels and soaps (we told them there was no need to do a cleaning, we just wanted towels). They were apologetic, though.

Pluses: the coffee shop at the entry to the Casino serve's various Starbucks coffee products. There's also a Sonic directly across the street (I like milkshakes).

Overall, it was nice, clean, roomy, friendly, and a very good value. We will stay there the next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: Generally I prefer rooms close to the elevator lobby. The ice and vending machines are next to the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill S
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Please tell your son, Thanks for His Service!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This really is a beautiful new property, well appointed, with friendly staff and *very* comfortable beds. The 42" TV with HD cable channels is a plus. Of course, the casino, just a short walk away is a nice way to kill a few hours. The breakfast buffet had standard fare that was warm and plentiful. My wife and I agreed the bacon was particularly delicious. Apache Hotel/Casino has to be one of the best hotel experiences in SW Oklahoma.

The only negatives: the casino was smoky and filled with wal mart quality people. Also, beer and cocktails were pricey by casino standards.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks for the great review! I will talk to Food & Beverage about pricing with our beer and cocktails. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked a valentine's day special deal and the hotel was full. Gambling was fun, lots of action. The rooms were very nice with large bathrooms. We had our own enclosed patio area. The restaurant was top notch with an included meal in the room price. We enjoyed the live music and the snack bar in the casino. We are definitely planning on returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Benne B, Marketing Coordinator at Apache Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay and are planning on coming back!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is first class, as most casino hotels are. Check in was slow as it is done in a makeshift area by the two slowest check-in ladies in the State. The rooms are as described by others as are the elevator procedures and good food. Breakfast service was a little slow. Too many kids barely supervised in the pool and hot tub area. I watched from my room window for most of them to leave before going down there, and a couple were still aggravating, alternating between the pool and hot tub...a hot tub where the rules say no one under 16 is allowed. Rules ignored are no rules at all. This is a brand new place, and I assume the beds are new as well. We found them a little too soft, almost seeming like you were sleeping in a hammock with the bottom cut out. Your body weight goes way down while your feet and head stay at the top. We both woke up from what little sleep we got with a sore neck. If I didn't know better, I would suspect they were from the second hand store. Convenient access to the casino. Machines were good to us this time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for bring the unattended children in the pool to our attention. I am sorry you didn't like our bed's, we have never received a negative review or comment in regards to them. Glad you enjoyed the casino!