“Home Run”

Billy Sims BBQ
Ranked #21 of 192 Restaurants in Lawton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Billy Sims Barbecue specializes in traditional backyard barbecue, serving smoked meats such as: brisket, pulled pork, polish sausage, hot links, bologna, St. Louis style ribs, and boneless chicken and turkey. We serve the highest quality meats and sides in a casual atmosphere that celebrates the career triumphs of 1978 Heisman, Billy Sims. Our meats are smoked fresh daily at every location using seasoned pecan wood for the perfect combination of heat and smoke. Come visit us for great, award winning barbecue!
Lawton, Oklahoma, United States
“Home Run”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I got the big-o pork sandwich, Deelish, thank you for not putting sauce all over it for me!!

Visited June 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent pulled pork!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time eating a Billy Sims. I was really impressed from the moment we walked in. A gentleman was opening the door & welcoming customers & I think every employee greeted us as we came in (no, it wasn't a slow time either). I thought the pulled pork was some of the best I've had (I like a dry rub BBQ that I can put my own sauce on). I also highly recommend the green beans, whatever seasoning they use for those is great!

Lawton, Oklahoma
“Best Bar BQ ever”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

they folks at Billy Sims always know what true Bar BQ is & they show it in their food & the prices are very reasonable & they offer good deals

Visited May 2011
Houston, Texas
“BBQ was good”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The bbq was good and reasonably priced...I was a little surprised by the sweet bbq sauce but did enjoy it. The chopped beef was very good--extra lean!

Visited February 2012
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Not so good!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

When this restaurant first came to Lawton the food was exceptionally good. I frequent this establishment at the minimum three times a week. The last couple of times I have gone I have noticed the same problem, the chopped brisket is mixed with left over fat and dried of pieces of brisket. I normally order the loaded baked potato, with chopped brisket. Last Friday I went for lunch and ordered my usual, got back to the office thinking I am about to enjoy a great meal and to my surprise I have a bowl of meat that was not fit to feed the pigs. I contacted the manager who was willing to replace my meal, however I could not make the trip back to the restaurant at that time. Instead, he promised to send me some boomer dollars that I have yet to receive. My suggestion would be if you are ordering the chopped brisket, examine it before you leave the restaurant. This has happened to me on numberous occcasions with Friday, February 3rd 2012 being the straw that broke the camels back. Good Luck!

PS if you are looking for great ribs, Sam's Barbecue has great ribs!

• Visited February 2012