“Skip this one”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
arkansas
“Skip this one”
Reviewed March 10, 2005

I was recently in town with my In Laws to see my husband, who has just came home from Iraq. I requested we stay here because of the price BIG MISTAKE. There were no towels in the bathroom (you have to request them at the desk), no coffee, no breakfast, no iron, no fridge, no microwave. Everything was old and dated in the room. The rooms were not very clean and the showers OMG let's just say they were scary. We stayed the following night at the Best Western, which i highly recommend. Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed February 2005
5 Thank amwtcorley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed October 30, 2003

My in-laws all live in Lawton, Oklahoma. Therefore, we take trips to this part of the state several times a year. I also travel as part of my job and have slept in several different hotel in this area.

Motel 6 is just what it appears to be. It is a Motel and there are no frills attached. You will get a room, bed, bathroom, TV and a small table. There is no alarm clock at all and you have to depend on a wake-up call. I personally will not stay here again. I booked a room when I was going to be in town once. It was a non-smoking room with a king-size bed. By the way, the prices quoted are not always the same when you get there. Motel 6 has different prices for different days and sometimes it appears different times of the day. Anyway, my non-smoking room had an ashtray turned upside down in it and the room smelled of smoke. The shower handle was broken and water was just allowed to run.
It took a couple of hours to get someone to come fix it. The walls were paper thin and I could here everything going on in the rooms next to me. It is also in an extremely questionable part of town and I did not feel safe at all. The front staff were indifferent. When I checked out there was not a thank-you to be heard. I was given my receipt and the stupid stare. You know the stare where they are communicating telepathically when they are done. This is a poorly managed and maintained motel. However, that is what you get for $34 a night in Lawton.

16 Thank Mikeluke1975

Travelers are raving about these Lawton hotels