“Strangers in a Strange Land no more...”
Review of The Silver Spoon

The Silver Spoon
Ranked #2 of 193 Restaurants in Lawton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Strangers in a Strange Land no more...”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had read reviews about the Silver Spoon, viewed pictures of various dishes and its beautiful decor -- and knew that we had to visit when we traveled to our daughter's recent Ft. Sill graduation. Well, one visit turned into five within four days! The food was delicious (we highly recommend the Bacon-wrapped Scallops, the Pecan-Encrusted Chicken, any of the steak dishes, and the Pecan Pie cake) and the atmosphere was both peaceful and joyful. Best of all was the staff -- the gracious and lovely owner, Vera; Jan, a gentleman, a scholar, and an amazing bartender; Taylor, a pastry chef from Heaven, and all of the professional and personable waiters(-resses) -- they treated us like royalty. It was our first time in Oklahoma (we're from PA) but we felt like family. We will come back again, and again, and again...

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank John and Trish L

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect food - Superb Service”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Silver Spoon was recommended to us when we were looking for a place to celebrate with our graduate from BCT at Ft. Sill. Could not have found a better place. Food was excellent - nice selection and we were happy with our choices - it was lunch so we had things such as the three salad plate and California BLT. It was obvious that it was prepared with attention to ingredients, presentation and taste. Server could not have been better - food came promptly, refills without even needing to ask, she checked back but was not intrusive. Interior is charming with brick, upstairs area for bar, no smoking, bright on the first floor where we sat. And it was wonderful that they took note of our soldier/graduate and offered sincere congratulations as well as a complimentary dessert for him. I wish we had been in town longer as I would have loved to go back for dinner (which we heard equally great things about).

Visited July 2014
2 Thank chimneysweep1912
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Pricey...”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I went here for the first time recently. I was with one other person. We each ordered a salad. The salads were huge. However, the pricing was a little ridiculous. It was good, but it wasn't that good. The service was average. This place will be an option when I'm willing to spend the money.

1 Thank foodie_nurse_14
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Great food and a great atmosphere !”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner with parents at the Silver Spoon a few weeks ago and experienced a very nice time. The food was very good,entrees and desserts, good selection of wines and very good service !

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ckat580
Somerset, New Jersey
“Pleasant Surprise in Lawton”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Staying in Lawton overnight on business I went to tripadvisor to see what choices I may have for dinner. I was happy to find myself at the #1 rated restaurant, Silver Spoon. I was pleasantly surprised to find a place with some character. Exposed original brick walls, antique, paintings...Being at this locally owned and run establishment I didn't feel like I was in a southwestern Oklahoma town that is heavily driven by the nearby Ft. Sill military base. They have a nice bar on the second level that offers live music Thurs-Sat. The menu, all original creations, has a nice variety of soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Learning more about the place, they feature a great bakery I'm told. I wish I had not been there on business on my own because it seems like a nice place where you can hang for a while enjoying a relaxing meal and a couple of drinks.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SignorPicky

Been to The Silver Spoon? Share your experiences!