“Very Pleasant”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Lubbock, Texas
“Very Pleasant”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Got in after a long day of driving and this place was great. A/C was already on to cool down the room, which was very clean, and I just sat down and enjoyed. I really don't have much to say except I was very happy with my stay here. Only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because it was a bit off the interstate (I-44), but in the end it was worth the few extra minutes on the road. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
baymontsaleslawton, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your stay and we strive to make every guests stay as homey as possible. We are off the highway but centrally located for most attractions and business establishments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Orange City
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very poor customer service at the front desk. Huge disconnect between toll free reservation takers and local motel staff. We were given a special rate for staying a minimum of 3 nights, but were told by the reservation person that if we needed to check out after only 2 nights that we would merely be charged the regular rate. NOT true! The local staff claimed that they could not honor that promise and would have to charge us for the 3rd night regardless - which they did. Claimed they didn't have the ability to change it even if they were inclined to do so. Said they weren't able to change anything when reservations are made with the corporate reservation office. To say the least, I was extemely dissapointed, and to make matters worse was not able to visit with a manager as she was unavailable for my entire stay! Will NOT stay at a Baymont Inn ever again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontsaleslawton, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lawton, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Whenever reservations are made through anyone other than directly here at our hotel, we have no control over being able to make any changes and all anticipated funds have already been posted. The general manager said that we tried to offer the rate of the day for the two days but that amount would still have been as much as you already paid.

Travelers are raving about these Lawton hotels

Swartz Creek, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hotel stay was for 5 days. Room size was sufficient (two queen beds). My granddaughter was very happy to find out they had a baby bed available for free to use during our stay. I like the idea of having the sink/counter out of the bathroom so people can shower and still use the sink/counter for getting ready without humidity from showers in bathroom. It moves people along faster when you have 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child and a (baby in-room-part-time). I think the continental breakfast hours should be later, they are from 6:30pm-9:30pm. I think they could have had a better selection of food. I did not care for the scrambled egg squares. The pool water was very warm. When the temperature is in the nineties every day, I would personally like the water to feel refreshing, not like a bath. Perhaps they did this so it would feel like a Jacuzzi, but was too warm for me. The staff was friendly and the front desk gal (can't remember her name, but she had blondish/brown shoulder length hair) was very knowledgeable regarding some of the attractions nearby. Because of the function we were there visiting for, we were at the hotel at different hours during the day. The housekeeping staff was great at bringing the specific things we asked for (towels/toilet paper), but did not think to ask us if we needed more coffee or cups for the room and neither did we until the next morning when we awoke. A Big Thank You to Gary, who was working the front desk the night we arrived!! When we arrived at midnight, we went to our rooms. We were looking for the "Do Not Disturb" sign to put on the doors after traveling for 20 hours straight. My granddaughter and I could not find one in either room. I called down and Gary said he would let the housekeeping dept. know. BUT better yet, he was able to locate two signs, had them put on our door knobs, then called me to tell me that it was taken care of. Great Job Gary!! A special shout out to Miss Betty!! What a wonderful and blessed person. She just made your day! Our stay was pleasant, just think the housekeeping staff needs to put forth a little more effort. Perhaps it was just confusing to them because we were in the room a lot in the mornings. I would recommend this hotel. Thank you for the graduation rate as well.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor. Who ever was in the room above us, was very heavy-footed. It sounded lik...