“Awesome stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were there for my son's graduation at Ft. Sill. I can't say enough about how pleasant and friendly your staff was. I have to give an extra "thank you" to Dusty, your front desk associate. She was extremely helpful, made us feel welcome the second we walked through the door. I had a concern when I made the reservation because our flight was early in the morning and I wasn't sure what we would do with our belongs until check-in. She remembered our conversation and already had everything taken care of before we arrived. The hotel was clean, and the hospitality was impeccable. And I can't leave out the women that served breakfast and dinners. They were warm and friendly. One particular had my son blushing but I can't remember her name. All in all...Thank you making our trip welcoming and comfortable. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

It is us who thank you for your family sacrificing all for this great country.. as I am a Veteran myself I understand this and how important family and friends are to these soldiers. We honor their service and are so blessed to see theri faces each and every week with their proud families. Thank you for your kind comments and for being great Americans. Welcome to our Homewood Suites family, look forward to great things from your soldier.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am a loyal customer of Homewood Suites in Lawton. My family lives near the lake and I visit them from Dallas frequently. I always stay at the Homewood and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are nice and clean, the staff is friendly and remembers me each time, the breakfast is excellent, the noise level is low... I have no complaints.

During my last trip, over the 4th of July weekend, I decided to rent a cabin in Medicine Park for my husband and I. I wanted to show my husband the Wildlife Refuge and give him a sampling of all of the wonderful things I experienced growing up in Lawton. We were looking for a "unique getaway experience"... a mini-vacation. We arrived at the cabin on Friday evening... and at 3:30 in the morning, when we still couldn't sleep due to the conditions of the rental (I'll spare the brutal details), we gave in and packed up our things and drove to the Homewood.

When we arrived at the front desk, we were beyond exhausted and frustrated and they quickly accommodated us and were so helpful and friendly. They were sympathetic and went above and beyond to get us checked in and settled so that we could get some much needed sleep. It was like coming home!

If you're searching for the best place to stay in Lawton... look no further. This is the place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

WOW.. we are so glad that we were here for you and you staying and choosing us. I am very soory about the experience before, many times we fail to please as well... but we are so glad you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you again soon and thank you again for the exceptional comments. Welcome to our Homewood Suites family!!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked at Homewood Suites based on Trip Advisor reviews. In spite of a friendly staff, we were disappointed. A previous lodger had left clothing in one of our dresser drawers and there was candy ground into the carpet. The sheets were weird-feeling. Since this is an extended-stay place, I guess I should not have been surprised to find no hair dryer. Breakfast was mediocre, even for hotel fare. Rooms were nice enough, but we would probably not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bearpup
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for your Comments..... Its great to hear and get feedback regardless of type and origin. I apologize that you felt this was not the right fit for you during your stay in Lawton. I have taken the room issues up with the Suite Keeping Team and passed along this Survey in our Morning Huddle for the Whole team to hear and work on. Did you mention any of this to the Team to Amend? I want to ensure Every Guest, Every Time. We are not perfection nor will we ever be... but these issues amended were preventable, Thank you again and we hope that you change your mind and try us again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We came from Pa for my sons graduation from boot camp. We had previous reservations at a motel in Lawton .. needless to say the place was GROSS! No one in town had any available rooms ... We were traviling for 27 hours, we were tired and dirty ... The Homewood suits took us in with a fabulous military discount and treated us so awsome we stayed an extra day! This hotel has beautiful suits and wonderful staff. We were greated by Danielle and she checked us in as though we were long lost friends. The next morning we had breakfast and were waited on by the staff by hand and foot! They doted on all the guest! I would recommend this hotel to everyone coming into Lawton Ok! Thank you Homewood suits for all your help and kindness....

Room Tip: The suits are fully loaded with kitchen appliances and the pool is heated!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Well you are long lost friends...lol Thank you for your great comments. It is so appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us that you stayed longer. We are certainly glad you chose to try us out after your "other " experience. We hope to see you again soon... Welcome to our Homewood Suites Family!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the Lawton, OK location for several days while visiting Ft Sill for my son's Army BCT graduation. Every staff member we interacted with was very friendly and helpful and the morning breakfast was so good. I seriously miss the divine scrambled eggs! The room was very nice and having a kitchen was a bonus since we were there several days. I highly recommend this Homewood Suites and anytime I travel in the future I will be seeing if there is one at my next destination.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

"Home away from Home" Awwww thank you so much, this is what this entire team strive for and truely enjoy hearing and reading. I share all these reviews daily with my team and it brings them such peasure knowing they have an impact on families like you. Ourt military families are so very important to us and it brings us great pride in serving you. Thank you for your great comments and staying with us. Welcome to our Homewood Suites Family!!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Suite type hotels are pretty common now, but this Homewood in Lawton is one of the better ones around.

The suite was large, beds (our two were queens) were comfortable and the room had all the usual amenities such as a microwave, refrigerator plus something we did not expect: a full cook-top and cabinets full of dishes, pots and pans. The room could actually serve as a small apartment for a long term stay.

There is no restaurant, but the hotel does furnish the usual free breakfast. And the food was surprisingly good: the eggs seemed real (that in itself is unusual in suite hotels) and all the other breakfast food was fresh and inviting. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant at the same exit if you want a full meal at lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing this hotel over the many other Options in Lawton. It was our pleasure to be here for and with you. You comments are outstanding and much appreciated. I will pass them along to the Entire Team. We look forward to seeing you again soon or at any other Hilton Hotel Brand, But here and with us you are Homewood Suites - Lawton Family. Thank you again !

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The rooms are clean, comfortable, and large. I have had the complimentary dinner on previous occasions, and that was a nice treat. The breakfast is pretty mediocre. I don't know if they use powdered eggs, but they don't taste like any eggs I ever made. The staff is usually excellent, but on this last trip I encountered two maids chatting in the hallway, using language that would make a sailor blush. Very inappropriate. I believe the manager dealt with that after I reported the incident.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for giving me the oppertunity to amend this very serious matter. This is unacceptable in any nature from any team member and upon you advising me of this an Investigation using our cameras was conducted and the issue amended immidiatly. This is not a :usual" practice for this Team or Hotel and will not be tolerated. Thank you for letting me know and taking the time and concern of this issue. I ensure you on your next visit with us you will find this will not happen again. I accept the responsibility of my team members and all that they do anc can assure you This was rectified. Thank you for being loyal to this hotel and your great comments in this review.