“Very Good”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Suite type hotels are pretty common now, but this Homewood in Lawton is one of the better ones around.

The suite was large, beds (our two were queens) were comfortable and the room had all the usual amenities such as a microwave, refrigerator plus something we did not expect: a full cook-top and cabinets full of dishes, pots and pans. The room could actually serve as a small apartment for a long term stay.

There is no restaurant, but the hotel does furnish the usual free breakfast. And the food was surprisingly good: the eggs seemed real (that in itself is unusual in suite hotels) and all the other breakfast food was fresh and inviting. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant at the same exit if you want a full meal at lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing this hotel over the many other Options in Lawton. It was our pleasure to be here for and with you. You comments are outstanding and much appreciated. I will pass them along to the Entire Team. We look forward to seeing you again soon or at any other Hilton Hotel Brand, But here and with us you are Homewood Suites - Lawton Family. Thank you again !

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The rooms are clean, comfortable, and large. I have had the complimentary dinner on previous occasions, and that was a nice treat. The breakfast is pretty mediocre. I don't know if they use powdered eggs, but they don't taste like any eggs I ever made. The staff is usually excellent, but on this last trip I encountered two maids chatting in the hallway, using language that would make a sailor blush. Very inappropriate. I believe the manager dealt with that after I reported the incident.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for giving me the oppertunity to amend this very serious matter. This is unacceptable in any nature from any team member and upon you advising me of this an Investigation using our cameras was conducted and the issue amended immidiatly. This is not a :usual" practice for this Team or Hotel and will not be tolerated. Thank you for letting me know and taking the time and concern of this issue. I ensure you on your next visit with us you will find this will not happen again. I accept the responsibility of my team members and all that they do anc can assure you This was rectified. Thank you for being loyal to this hotel and your great comments in this review.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Homewood Suites was only minutes from the military base and very easy to find. The staff was excellent, I received the best sleep ever, the beds were out of this world, I gotta have one. Not only did this hotel have a great complimentary breakfast but it also had a full complimentary dinner, WOW!! what a money saver! I have found my new favorite place to stay! Hands waving in the air for Homewood suites!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

"beds out of this world" Wow.... thank you for this comment on its own! I personally own one of these beds as they are made available through Homewood Suites. They are very comfortable. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and having the oppertunity to host you through your stay. We hope to have the honor and privilage again very soon. Thank you for your Kind remarks. Welcome to the Homewood Suites Family!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The staff is outstanding ! The Hotel is CLEAN and well kept! Quiet- and - well secured! The breakfast is good.. Coffee is great! The grounds are well kept and you can tell they care about your stay! We will stay here again!! they cater to the Military! I like they care about our service men and women!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

As former Military i know and understand how important these young soldiers are to thier families and those of us that they serve and protect. It is always our pleasure to host the families of these young men and women and it brings us great pride when they arrive at the Homewood Suites on family day or Graduation day in Uniform.It was our pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again, and thank you for your families support to our country. Welcome to the Homewood Suites Family!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I enjoyed the Friendly and helpful staff. The accomodations were very clean and well kept. The manager"s reception is a great perk! Although I did not have the opportunity to utilize the fitness area on this trip, I have in the past and it is sufficeintly equiped.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests who really enjoy their stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon welcome to our Homewood Suites Family!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Got a very good discount (military) because we went to attend my son's graduation from basic training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. Had a very nice time even though there was not much to do in Lawton. I would recommend staying at this facility if you are on a short business trip in Texas or Oklahoma. Also, the Kiowa Casino is right across the highway from the hotel if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us... It was fantastic having the oppertunity to host you through your son's graduation. This is Very Important to us and priority. Welcome to our Homewood Family! We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Made a reservation and was assured that a roll away bed wouldn't be a problem. Checked in and was told no roll aways were available because the hotel only had 2. Housekeeping didn't show up the first 2 days until after 5:00pm when we called them. They didn't replenish much and put wet towels on our bed. The pool was closed and it was Memorial Day weekend!!! Will NEVER stay there again!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your Remarks and As always welcome them... Good or Bad. Bad simply means opertunity to fix whatever the challenge was. First let me address the Housekeeping issue... The first two days there was a DND on the door recorded by the Hilton PMS ( property managment System ) It was after 5 pm as that is when the Front Desk was advised that your room needed attending to. The towels were placed on the bed due to that your personal items were on the counters and hanging from the towel rods. As stated in this Review you said "The pool was closed and it was Memorial Day weekend!!! " This insinuates that the pool was closed for your entire stay, but as explained to the young man in the room, by me personally, was that the pool was only closed for " two hours " on one day so that the chemical could be adjusted due to amount of use, as it was a busy weekend. This is what the law states and is mandated by the city of Lawton in the event the pool chem is not in line. It is checked four times a day ( mandated by the city ) This is for your safety so that you do not get chemical burn or skin irritations.... The pool was not out of line on the evening check is why it was not adjusted in the evening. Again.... it was only two hours and the desk did advise that this was the case. We thank you for choosing us and apologise for issues although out of our control. Thank you for your email, as I also emailed you personally and spoke with persons in the room. In your e-mail you assured me you would post to Trip Advisor and rank us as low as possible, Regardless, we enjoyed you in our hotel and wish you the best in your future travels.