“I can see why it's #1 in Lawton”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed there for thanksgiving. Check in was easy and swift. The room was spacious and very clean. Didn't have time to try the complementary dinner but we did enjoy the breakfast. There was plenty to eat and the attendant was very nice and accommodating. She was always there to ask us if we needed anything and even went out of her way to specially prepare eggs for a guest who did not want cheese in her eggs. I would recommend anyone who stays in Lawton to stay here, you will not be dissapointed.

Stayed: November 2012
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your Great Comments! Melinda in the Breakfast is a wonderful person and like all this Team prefers to think of you as family! We get it wrong now and then but one thing for sure is... we care for each and every guests like they were our own friends and family. Thaqnk you for taking the time to post your comment.. We look forward to seeing you again!
Happy Holidays!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here almost three weeks in fall of 2012. On the first night, I noticed hairs all over the bathroom floor. After 2 weeks and a lot of complaining, my bathroom was finally adequately cleaned. During the 3 weeks, my floors were never vacuumed and my sheets not changed. My A/C broke and it took 2 days to fix. Only one of two washing machines was servicable and after talking to the staff, they said the washer had been broken for weeks before our stay. The manager is incompetent and isn't concerned with customer service. One up side: the front desk staff is very friendly. However, my organization will never stay at this hotel again and I encourage you to stay away!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ken T
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments. It truely saddens me that you honestly felt compeled to write such a derogitory comment regarding myself and this team and hotel... And even as an Officer in Americas greatest fighting force resorted to name calling. We ( you and I ) have been in constant conversation with issues resulting from your stay and Yes your AC broke, and your room and Housekeeping did have issues... All of which we amended according to your statement after presenting your award to our hotel and team personally ... that we did a great job. I certainly understand your compeling desire to lash out but these coments only strengthen the resolve of our team and give us oppertunity to fix what we need to be better at so we welcome these comments with open arms. Regardless, we certainly thank you for your service to our country and the Team you had here with you that were extreamly fun, humble and we loved. Thank you again for allowing us to grow and become better and to show that we all, thanks to people like you and your team withing our military, have the express freedoms to our opinions and have forums such as this to freely express them... Have a great day!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel was very nice - I was surprised to have been chosen the "guest of the day" when I arrived (five dollar gift certificate at snack shop). We were also put into a nice suite.

Two drawbacks - the cleaning crew left a dirty towel behind the bathroom door and didn't do a thorough cleaning job. And, I would suggest that breakfast should be served past 9:30 on weekends.

That said, i would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Guest of the Day is a big deal to us... but we are Every Guest Every Time Motivated! Thank you for staying with us and allowing us to have the pleasure of knowing you. I apologize for the Towel issue and have amended that with the Housekeeping team. I cant fix issues if I am not told so its NEVER a complaint with us but an oppertunity to get better! Thank you again for being our new friend and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Upon arriving at the Homewood Suites, I was expecting a package that was delivered to the front desk (that's normally where they are when I arrive for business) after searching a few places the attendant called her supervisor to find out where it may be. They had already delivered it to my room. Upon arriving at my room I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were..a definite SUITE! Kitchen and all! All of the staff, from the front desk to the cook that serviced the breakfast were so kind! All with smiles and a Good morning/afternoon/evening to greet you! Loved it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you So much for choosing us out of all the Hotels in the Area. I am so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that your stay was the Best! We hope to see you again very soon as now you are family to us! Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was so comfortable here. The room was well appointed and organized. The breakfast and dinner meals had good variety. I liked the locaton near the interstate as well as on a safe road where I could go out for a morning walk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And when I stayed the hotel was brand new!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Navigator556
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing us here in lawton Okahoma. We truely appreciate your comments and that you had such a comfortable stay. Please come back and see us again.. Your family now!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My Wife and I came to Lawton, OK to visit our grandson at Fort Sill. The hotel and staff are great. We had a one bedroom suite and it was very comfortable. Breakfast was available and was good. It was very hot during our stay, so the pool was a welcome sight. Homewood Suites would be our first choice on a return trip to the area. The area around Lawton is great to explore, Mount Scott gives you breath taking views, The Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, and the following museums, US Army Field Artillery Museum, Museum of the Great Plains, Fort Sill National Historic Landmark & Museum, and many others.

Room Tip: Ask to look at a room before deciding. They offer one and 2 bedroom suites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and your wonderful comments regard this hotel and Team. We look forward to seeing you again real soon. We appreciate your grandsons service to our country and all that he does! Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the area as well.. Most people dont realize the extream landscapes and how beautiful Lawton Oklahoma really is. Gladyou enjoyed your stay.. See you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at hotel four nights over time of my sons' graduation at Ft Sill. Everyone was very helpful and eagar to please. All areas of hotel immaculate. Late check out was a plus, since we did not have to return him back to base till later in afternoon. Would highly recommend !!

Room Tip: Highly recommend to any parents with soldiers at Ft Sill. Within minutes from Ft Sill base. Evening...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We so appreciate your family and your soldier staying with us here... It is our greatest honor to be a part of that process and we pride ourselves in doing that the very best we can! We thank you and your loved ones for their service and part in defending the freedoms provided us as Americans. Thank you again for your comments and for choosing us. Welcome to the Lawton Homewood Suites long list of Family!!