“They seem to only care about making money off their customers, not trying to make you feel comfortable at all when you are away ”

Candlewood Suites Lawton Fort Sill
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I went to Lawton because my son had to go there for a special surgery(won't get into that), but I made reservations there for a non smoking room for my 3 children and I. Now, I am a smoker, but do not smoke around my kids, therefore I went to the smoking area outside everytime I smoked. I stayed there for 3 days and when I returned home, after a stressful, heartaching trip I received an e mailfrom candlewood suites thanking me for my stay, then shortly after realizing my bank account was about 300 dollars shorter than it should be, and because of candlewood suites. They are saying they have significant proof I was smoking in the room... One lady says there was a burn hole, another said there was no damage, but a cigarette butt in the toilet.. And another said it just smelt of cigarette smoke. Since I am a smoker, I cnt prove it, but I guarantee I will never recommend this place to anyone because they charged me 600 bucks for 3 nights and there was no damage to my room, no room service,or cleaning crew, or breakfast. Everyone was very sturn and I was personally uncomfortable staying there... Especially after this. If this is how u want to make money off your customers while I was trying to make my sick son as comfortable as possible for his surgery and all the money I was out anyway because of this trip and med expenses and everything else. Thank you candlewood for making my life just that much harder. My son is already sick and now I have to cone up with an extra 300 bucks to make ends meet... Appreciate that

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Stancel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Stancel,

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for three days (08/29 - 09/01) since my son was graduating from basic training at Fort Sill. I was HIGHLY IMPRESSED with the cleanliness, customer service and overall room presentation. Being in this hotel felt like home. The front desk staff were extremely courteous and were more than happy to assist with providing directions to the base, restaurants, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tamila J
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The staff was very nice and friendly upon arrival. Our room was well appointed and clean. Beds are comfortable and the kitchen amenities in each room are nice. There is no pool or continental breakfast, but I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed June 20-23 during my nephew's basic training graduation activities at Fort Sill. Since Candlewood Suites is a member of the IHG hotels family, I was able to redeem Priority Club points for this stay. When I arrived, my reservation was accurate, and check-in was quick and efficient. During the entire stay, the staff were very friendly, personable, and welcoming, and made me feel right at home. The "Candlewood Cupboard" was very convenient for picking up snack and breakfast items at reasonable prices. I raided it daily. The room was spacious, comfortable, and quiet, making for a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Gary L
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Called Candlewood Suites on 7-26 toll free reservation and was told no vacancies, but I later found out there were rooms available. On Saturday 7-28 my wife reserved a room for that evening through the official website, but did not get an e-mail receipt. When I arrived at my room they claimed I had no reservation and were going to book me, but charge again even though wife's credit card had already been charged. Through many phone calls found out that when you call their direct website, if their lines are busy, without letting you know they divert you to hotels.com and booked the room. Finally got the receipt after calling credit card company to see who it was who billed us and once we contacted them we finally got a receipt so was able to stay. When I went to my room saw that one of the beds had been slept in so after awhile I got a clean room. In the a.m. got a bill under door charging again for the same night. Got it straightened out with desk clerk and made reservations for one more night.....they called my wife and claimed I had checked out, but luggage was in the room...after more rigamaroo called them while I was out working and when I got back to the room showed my credit card again for the 2nd night. It was such a hassle making all the phone calls until everything was straightened out. The website is deceptive to put you with hotels.com without notifying you. Once I got a clean room it was nice enough and the clerks were friendly enough even though there was so much hassle with the numerous phone calls we all had to make to try to find out who charged us for the room. The clerk was unaware that the hotel home site shifts calls to hotel.com without the customer knowing. It was a few hours of hassle during a very tiring business trip.

Room Tip: Make sure you have an actual reservation with a receipt in hand to avoid hassle.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FrannyH160
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lawton Fort Sill, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear FrannyH160,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I am delighted you found our front desk staff to be friendly. We strive to provide friendly accommodations. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the reservation issues you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atascadero, California, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel and staff where wonderful dwayne did a great job at helping us stay another night we had to move rooms but they where great at accomidating us all. clean rooms and the hotel was great. loved the stay here is we ever come back we will definitly stay here..... thank you staff at the candlewood suites in lawton

Room Tip: all rooms have a kitchen and are great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheri W
Edmonds, wa
Reviewed July 13, 2012

staff are friendly, room are beautiful and clean. very comfortable property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family