“Good Night's Stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I were in town to visit relatives and needed a place to unwind after a day of visiting and sight-seeing. Booked through the hotel website and got a decent rate for the King room with Jacuzzi tub. However, we were so exhausted by the time we got there, we went straight to bed. So I can't give you an evaluation of the Jacuzzi. The room was clean and comfortable. Starting to show some wear, but not bad. Front desk was very polite and helpful at check-in. They had some chocolate chip cookies that were pretty incredible for "front desk cookies!" Breakfast was good, nothing special, standard fare. Bottom line...a good stay for us. We will stay there again the next time we travel to Lawton. (But won't pay extra for the Jacuzzi suite next time.)

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and we did hear noise above us. Next time we will stay in an upstairs roo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rowdysooner

Reviewed June 26, 2013

After a nightmare night with another hotel because I was trying to find the cheapest rate thinking all hotels are the same. I went to Comfort Suites to put my family up that came into town for my son's wedding. Everyone that I put up for the weekend couldn't tell me enough how great this hotel was. I went over there several times throughout the weekend to visit with my family. The lounge area in the front was kept spotless and the coffee was great. My family said that the beds were some of the most comfortable beds they had ever slept on in a hotel. The breakfast was fresh and better than most continental breakfast that I have had. Yes I ate breakfast with my family one morning. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was very courteous. It was refreshing after the nightmare hotel the previous night that I had put my mother-in-law in to find a hotel that at least had standards. I guess the old saying is true you get what you pay for. The hotel was little more expensive than the nightmare hotel but well worth every penny paid to know my family was in a safe and healthy hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hodkirk
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very good hotel, with easy traveling distance to all the gates of Fort Sill. Was happy with the check in and check out. Decent breakfast with a working waffle machine, yogurt, etc. Not a robust selection, but sufficient variety for a short 2-5 day visit. My room on the third floor was nice and quiet. I had a fridge, but no microwave. Closet was small but functional. View was marginal....only looked out at the hotel behind the comfort suites. Disappointed in the pool/hot tub area. It was a 3ft deep small pool, that was better suited for a young couple with very small children (2-6 years old). Not suited for me to read in a hot tub or a family with older children. Very small gym. Also walking distance to a cracker barrell. Worth coming back to, although there are many other hotels in the area to try.

Room Tip: Just ask for away from the highway. Mine room in the center of the hotel was fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed one night on a road trip to Texas. Found the desk clerk friendly and helpful. The room was large and comfortable. Nice breakfast with hot waffles. The price was 98.50 for a king bed. Close the highway but not noisy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed for 2 nites in Lawton. Clean, good mattress, nice flat screen TV. Bathroom was a bit dated. Fitness room had elliptical, treadmill and bike. Nordic track wasn't very good. Didn't use the pool but it looked nice. Breakfast buffet was the usual.

Comfort Inn's are pretty consistent and this location fit the bill.

Would stop again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really enjoyed my 2 night stay here. The room was immaculate and spacious! The decor is newer and tasteful. I stayed on the 3rd floor and was shocked by how quiet it was. I never even heard anyone else's door shut. I know they had a lot of guests as a lot of people were here for boot camp graduation. The "continental" breakfast was terrific and offered a great variety. Omelettes, bagels, danish, cereal, bacon, sausage, boiled eggs, muffins, waffles, toast, fruit, juice, yogurt, milk, coffee AND pre-packaged goodies (pop-tarts, rice krispy treats, granola bars).
I felt no ned to walk to The Cracker Barrel fro breakfast!
The staff was very friendly as well.
I will highly recommend that you use the AMERICAB Taxi service when possible-very prompt and fairly priced with friendly drivers. I use PEOPLES cab and did not care for that company but they have a monopoly as far as picking up FROM the army base (Ft Sill).
I give 2 thumbs up and 3 snaps in a Z formation!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Over priced for what we got I asked about indoor pool I was told heat pump was not working I could swim in cold water if desired but not recommended for children as it may be to cold for them. The shower wall had soap scum and shower head was covered in hard water scale, ran out of hot water during kids shower within 5 minutes. The breakfast was great one of the best. The staff is AWESOME! Everyone had a smile very accommodating I can not say enough good things about them it's the maintenance that needs attention. All in all would have to think about staying there again due to maintenance issues verses price in this economy gotta make every dollar count.

• Stayed: November 2012