“loved my stay”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Lawton
Lawton, Oklahoma
“loved my stay”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

we stayed here due to us pscing and our house was empty.we loved staying here beds were very comfy slept like a baby :) the lady at the front desk was very nice an gave us all we needed an more ! i would defiantly recommend this hotel for sure!! military discount cant beat that :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Beautiful, gorgeous and elegant can't begin to describe this Comfort Suites! During this particular trip we stayed in many Comfort Inns & Suites, most charged more than this one but were much less posh. Walking into the lobby we immediately felt like we were checking in to a high priced resort. The attention to detail in the interior design was amazing, and it extended to our room, not just the common areas. The room was beautiful and spotless as was the bathroom. The bathroom was divine! We were in Lawton for a five day stay, so the storage under the sink was a wonderful surprise--I wish all Comfort Inns & Suites would provide this. The WiFi worked perfectly, and considering where this hotel is located, it was practically soundproof from the outside noises. The only sound problem we had was hearing our neighbors alarm clock each morning. The clock radio was not only hard to set, but must have been hard to turn off for our neighbor ;) The breakfast bar was just as we expected it to be, and a Cracker Barrel restaurant is within walking distance.

We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone that needs a hotel in Lawton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I came to Lawton, expecting to find the same shabby hotels we had here 15 years ago and was VERY IMPRESSED by what I have found instead! I was directed by the Airport to the Comfort Suites. They had a wonderful shuttle come and get me and from the minute I got into the van I knew I made the right choice. The hotel was polished and clean, the gal at the desk was a doll. She gave me a beautiful room with a huge tv, microwave, refrigerator, couch and big king bed. I called to see if there was something smaller (looking to save a buck - cheap senior!) She told me that all of her rooms were this awesome! Breakfast the next morning was great. Waffles, sausage and gravy and tons more to chose from. I ate like a king, slept like a king and rolled in style! This was a great visit. It was awesome to see my old comrads and to be able to feel like I was doing it in style made me feel like a big shot! Great job Ladies for making this old man feel like a star. See you next year, if im still kicking!

Room Tip: If all the rooms are really like mine, they are all great! 1st floor smells like cookies
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bernard S
Bessemer, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were in Lawton for my son's BCT graduation at Fort Sill. I imagine that is the main thrust of tourist activity in Lawton as there isn't much to see otherwise. We stayed at the Comfort Suites for three nights. It was right off the interstate, and minutes from Fort Sill. The hotel itself was fairly clean. The bathroom floor had some hair that hadn't been swept. However, when I mentioned it to the desk, they did offer to come clean the room, or switch us to another. I bring my lysol wipes with me, so it wasn't necessary. While the room was generally clean, the area around the window sill and a/c unit was dusty. I had stayed at a VERY clean Hampton Inn the night before in MO, so this room was not quite up to that standard. The room itself was very spacious and had a sofa/bed in addition to the king bed. The breakfast was good: waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, etc. Though they advertised hot coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day, we didn't find that to be the case in the evenings. There was a coffeemaker in the room, so that wasn't a huge deal. There was a small indoor pool, but we didn't use it. As for the staff, the person who checked us in was very nice. There was another staff member who seemed to be there in the evenings, and she wouldn't even look up to say hello - not friendly at all.

My primary complaint about the location of this hotel is that there are very few restaurants in the immediate area. There was a Cracker Barrel next door and some sort of sports bar. The next day we found that the majority of restaurants and shopping in Lawton are on Cache Road (a couple exits up the interstate). If I had to visit Lawton again, I would definitely look for a hotel on Cache Rd, or that area to be closer to the fast food and chain restaurants such as Red Lobster, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pollyqc99
Denver
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Room and hallways are clean and presentable.....Stairway which I like to use to go outside, well if you like bugs, your ok.....Staff are all very friendly.

The gym or work out center....well its not quite what they have pictured on their web site, I was disappointed as I enjoy running and working out. I haven't been in there yet, as its not appealing or inviting at all.
The indoor swimming pool, its a nice area....but I wouldn't trust the water....to me it looks a little..."not normal"....
Smoking area out back a good idea, but whats with all the bugs and no bug killing light....and the grills are inviting to use, but they haven't been cleaned in a very long while.

Overall....I'm not picky when my work has me staying in a place for weeks at a time.....but If it where my choice.....it wouldn't be here.

Oh ya...lets not forget the bed.....I first sat on it and "fell in" its weird, the edge is a lot higher than the center....probably worn out....but once again.....I didn't pay for it...nor would I

Room Tip: Stay on the North end....away from the smoke pit/swimming pool.....but remember the outside door sca...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, Arkansas
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed at this location on business. Very clean facility. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very nice. There was a bit of air traffic noise but that can be expected since this is somewhat near a military base. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dacono, Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2012

After spending a difficult night in a hotel across the street that I chose based on past experience at a particular hotel chain, I decided to cancel my reservations and move to the Comfort Suites. I have staying Comfort Suites throughout the US and have never been disappointed and in the case I was extremely impressed. I expected a nice hotel stay but was delighted to find a 5 Star experience both in the way I was treated by the staff but also in the quality and style of the accommodations. The difference between an average and nice hotel experience and that of this Comfort Suites is HUGE. I do not know anyone who works for this hotel chain, I simply appreciate the experience I had for the next few nights and I highly recommend this location to anyone who would like a little extra TLC. The Breakfast is great too.

Room Tip: There are about 4 hotels clustered in this same area and if one is full they will recommend you to o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business